Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Physiotherapist, Lunching Out, Artichokes,

Matt's legs seem to have degenerated this week and when the therapist came this afternoon, he found Matt's legs were painful but not as they were. After lots of examination and discussion, I mentioned the pills he had been given three/four weeks ago. He looked them up on his phone/tablet and read out the possible effects. Turns out that shakiness, weakness and pain were part of the adverse reactions which could be experienced. Between us we decided I should ask the doctor about it. However, I phoned and couldn't get to speak with the doc. although I have a call booked for Thursday afternoon. I then tried the pharmacist who grudgingly agreed maybe I should stop them. Not someone I know at our pharmacy, he kindly pointed out that the physiotherapist was NOT a doctor. Fancy that!! Matt's legs have degenerated in the last 3 days, that I have noticed, and after reading the reactions, I have definitely decided to stop the pills again. They are an anti-depressant and Yung said there were other pills that  didn't have the same side effects. I still believe they make him a bit more confused too.

Kathy picked up our groceries this morning and stopped for a coffee. She is off camping tomorrow. In tents. Never done that and sure couldn't do it these days, not unless we had camp beds as well. I tried to arrange we all went out to lunch - ladydog too -  but in the end ladydog decided we would be too close to each other. Pity, I would like them to meet. She also suggested I ask Red Lobster about Matt not wearing a mask. The staff there said they thought they had to accept someone without a mask for medical reasons. However, they said the manager was away for a day or two and they wanted to check with him to be absolutely certain. Mind you, right now, I don't think he could walk into the restaurant anyway.

Oh yes, Hilary, I am getting some artichokes tomorrow. They ordered them for me and said to call and check this evening so I did. They guy checked his list and said yes, he had a box of 30 artichokes. I said I didn't think I could eat that many. He assured me I didn't have to LOL. Anyway, I am going in tomorrow to get them. Whoopee. I figure it is about 18 months or thereabouts since I last had any. Figure I can do the bank as well.

I really need to try this, sounds delicious.

Peanut Butter Pork Tenderloin

1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
fresh ground black pepper
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs peanut butter
1/4 tso ground red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup pineapple preserves

1. Preheat oven to 375°F

2. Trim fat from tenderloin.

3. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper to taste.

4. Line a baking dish with parchment paper or aluminium foil.

5. Mix the soy sauce, peanut butter, red pepper and minced garlic together.

6. Spread mixture over pork loin.

7. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

8. Remove from oven.

9. Carefully spread pineapple preserves on top of pork loin.

10. Bake another 10 minutes or until meat reaches 150°F

11. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Servings: 4

Source: Genius Kitchen


Have a great day, stay well, stay safe.
 

12 comments:

  1. Good thing the physio (even if he is not a doctor) was on the ball. More so than the doctor or the pharmacist it seems.
    Hooray for artichokes.
    We did quite a lot of camping in tents when I was a child. It was uncomfortable then (particularly if the weather was less than ideal) and not something I miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely Sue. Anyway, stopped the pills this morning.
      Definitely hooray for artichokes. Can hardly wait.
      Only camping I ever did was in a trailer (caravan) and that was enjoyable but quite primitive enough for me, thank you.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Jo. I’m so sorry about the pills and the side effects. I hope you get to try a better option that doesn’t cause pain or confusion. That’s horrible.

    Big fat pass on the restaurant. That’s just not a smart idea at all. It’s just food. Why risk infection at this point? Makes no sense.

    Glad you’re getting artichokes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now the pills have stopped, maybe he will improve quickly Ivy.

      Yes, you said, but you don't live with dementia.

      So am I.

      Delete
    2. Glad the pills stop. That's true, I don't. But I'm still into safety first - and after working in many restaurants, I am well aware how many go to work sick. It's so gross! In other news, great fun about the artichokes. Have you made asparagus soup yet in the Instant Pot? I have, so good!

      Delete
    3. You have to remember we have a national health system here. People don't have to pay to go to the doctor so they stay at home when sick. Got artichokes cooking in the IP right now. No asparagus soup this year. Gone off it a bit.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo - excellent you're getting the artichokes ... something delicious to look forward to ... I wonder where they come from - if you can let us know ... thank you.

    Matt's legs don't sound too good do they ... I sincerely hope it's just the pills and that stopping them - ease things for you.

    If you get out for lunch - enjoy ... and hope you can get the cheque sorted out at the bank. Take care and stay safe - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it Hilary. At long last. Probably California or Mexico but will ask.

      They are not good at the moment, I hope stopping the pills will help.

      Yup, going to the bank later on. Lunch won't be til next week.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about, Matt, Jo. A deteriorating condition of this nature can only make a bad situation worse. Last night for dinner we had grilled chicken with couscous and what surely must be about the last of the Ontario asparagus, bought at the farmer's market. We simply roasted the asparagus for a few minutes drizzled in olive oil, with salt and pepper. Can't get much simpler than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it doesn't help David. Sounds good. I would think it is the last. Barrie's don't pick it (for sale anyway) after July 1. I bet the family still have some now and then though.

      Delete
  5. I love camping and have not gone in years...I miss it. I don't want to sleep on the ground any more though. My mom was on a very weak dose of anti depressants so I wonder how strong his dose is. I love it when people stress things when you know it already. They treat a person like they are a child...pisses me off. Is Matt on Respiradone? I kiss that drug because that was what save all the heartache

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my cuppa tea Birgit. The sleeping on the ground bit anyway. No he is not on Respiradone, I should ask about it. Yes, does piss you off doesn't it. It really annoyed me and I guess he could tell. Not a pharmacist I knew but a fill in.

      Delete