Saturday, July 4, 2020

Hand Held, PSW, Food,

At the suggestion of a PSW I ordered a hand held attachment for Matt's shower. It came on Thursday and on Friday I asked the PSW to put it on. Unfortunately he couldn't get the shower head off so I had to ask the superintendent for help. He came up and did it in a few seconds, mind you he did have the right tool to remove the current shower head. I am now wondering whether to get one for my shower, will see how Matt's works.

I've done it again, thought of things I should write about and then not written it down. Duuh. I have been practising my Spanish wth Jorge (or George) the PSW. Seems like he is going to be a regular which is good. I don't then have to supervise what's going on, especially when it comes to exercise. Mind you Matt is getting showered ever day, me I don't always have time.

Having mentioned my humungous mushrooms, hungos in Spanish Geore tells me (silent h) it seems we are not the only piggies to eat them like we did. I have added more to our order for next week. However, we have run out of strawberries until next week too. I don't seem to be able to get the Pavlova shells any more, need to phone the bakery, I really loved those for strawberries or raspberries and cream. There are several things I miss because I don't go into the store, mentioned this before, that I haven't had artichokes in 18 months. Dunno if they are doing pavlovas, etc. etc. I guess I will have to hobble into the store and see what I can find. I guess that means a mask, I normally never have to wear one 'cos I don't go anywhere much.

Saturday is, of course, laundry day so I will be staggering along the corridor with our dirty things. I am teed off, I emptied the recycling bags yesterday and they are full again today.

Having eaten salmon baked in foil for supper I thought another fish recipe would be interesting.

Baked Parmesan Tilapia

Parmesan and panko give this quick-and-easy tilapia a deliciously crispy crust

4 5 oz tilapia fillets
Scant 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/4 cup panko
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
Olive oil to drizzle

1. Preheat the broiler to 425°, and position a rack about 6 inches from the heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a medium bowl, mix the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, panko, sea salt, freshly ground pepper and thyme leaves.

3. Rinse the tilapia under cold running water. Shake off the excess water and then dip both sides of the fish in the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese mixture. Arrange the tilapia on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon any remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top of the tilapia and press it onto the fish with your fingertips. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over each fillet.

4. Broil for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the tilapia is crispy and cooked through.

Servings: 4



Have a great day, stay well, stay safe.
 

14 comments:

  1. Very cool that the shower head got changed out. We have a second shower here but we never use it so it’s a storage area for holiday stuff, extra paper towels, fans and stuff like that.

    Very cool on the Spanish too!

    Are artichokes in tin or jar an option for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use both bathrooms, more convenient that way Ivy. But know others who just use the one. Yes, it's fun to try actually talking. Apparently Colombian Spanish is very good Spanish so I read.

      Nope, I want fresh.

      Delete
    2. Fresh is nice but these days, I'm happy with whatever I can get my hands on. I tried a new flour today, one I would normally pass on and I loved it. So good.

      Delete
    3. Not really the same thing Ivy. Just like two different foods.

      Delete
  2. When we had our bathroom remodelled to make it disability friendly a handheld shower head was part of the deal. So far I rarely use it, but himself loves it. The grab rails are another issue. I use them ALL the time.
    Hooray for big mushrooms - you have me salivating and I will look out for them when next I shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the PSW figured it would be good for Matt, especially when they are helping him. Having looked at it I am contemplating getting one for my bathroom Sue. Grab rails are a godsend for both of us. I have ordered more for next week, they were good.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo - glad things are working out ... I think artichokes will be later in the year ... 6 weeks or so. Mushrooms are good aren't they ... hope you can get your strawbugs or raspberries and cream. Glad George is working out ... take care and all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to watch out for them this year Hilary, it is so long since I last had one. They had strawbugs last week and I think raspberries should be in soon. Yup, it's fun trying to talk to George. Not sure if he is going to be permanent.

      Delete
  4. You guys are pretty fancy - his and her showers! You must be in the luxury suite! Yesterday, I bought a basket of strawberries from one of the Mennonite farms and they are DEEEEELICIOUS! We had them aa dessert last evening, and this morning I had them with plain Greek yogurt for breakfast. Lots left so we will have them again later. Must finish them off, they don't keep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, only the best you know David. Actually all the two and three bedroom apts. have two bathrooms here. When it was built, 1974, it was built as a luxury building. We have a 3 bedroom, all I could get at the time, but we have made use of all of it. The berries sound good. Wish I could get out to the Mennonite farms easily.

      Delete
  5. L'aspetto è allettante. Sarà buono senz'altro. Buona domenica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had hand showers put in both bathrooms years ago. Wouldn't be without them either. It was so much easier when I broke a bone in my foot a while back to just be able to sit on a stool and have a shower. With a fixed shower head it would have been pretty much impossible. I'm jealous of the farm fresh strawberries. With all the COVID stuff the growers here are struggling to get their crops picked and to market and the pick your own places have closed for the duration. I'm not really complaining, though, given Western Australia is COVID free and most restrictions have been lifted. We're still keeping our borders closed with anyone coming in having to go into quarantine for fourteen days but I'm not hearing many complaints from the locals since the majority view is better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I have been wondering whether to get one for myself Helen. I am delighted to hear Western Australia is Covid free. Even if you can't get fresh berries. You're right Helen, better safe than sorry.

      Delete