Thursday, March 14, 2019

Wednesday, Yellowstone,

My cleaner found my TENS machine for me this morning, Wednesday, so the physiotherapist dropped in during the afternoon to put Matt on it, but... it is an elderly unit and would not switch on. I ended up buying a new unit from Amazon as well as a support back brace for Matt. So, I thought, whilst I am spending all this money, I will buy me a steamer for my Instant Pot!! As I have Prime for a month for free, shipping is costing me nothing for a while. Great. Wonder what else I can or should buy. Of course we will be flat broke at the end of all this. Hopefully the back brace will help Matt with bowling and stop him from bending forward - the alley proprietor suggested he could use the ramp. (Designed for invalids and kids). The therapist is coming back on Friday to use the TENS machine and show me how to work it.

I have been doing some reaching out and our neighbour, who does some cleaning in the building, is going to collect our groceries for us on Thursday. She has never done it before and says it will be a new experience for her, kind of conveying she won't charge me. As she did my laundry on the weekend, I will certainly pay her something.  Our situation is rather difficult at the moment with Matt's back being so bad and my legs being the same. We just can't do things at the moment.

Matt keeps urging me to contact the vascular surgeon to try and advance my surgery, but he told me 6 months or so after my heart attack otherwise it would be too dangerous.

Everyone is wishing away the snow at the moment. It has been an incredible winter for us round here, lots of the white stuff and lots of extremely cold weather. With the amount of snow makes us wish we could still cross country ski - would have been perfect this winter. I am surprised we have never seen anyone cross country skiing in the park outside the windows. Would have been great, basically walk out of the door and hey presto, skiing.

Saw an enjoyable video early on this evening, fabulous pictures of Yellowstone Park set to classical music. Really impressed with it. Mind you Yellowstone contains a Super Volcano which I can't help remembering when I see all the volcanic action taking place with geysers and hot mud splashing from pools plus the rocks covered in sulphur - hence Yellowstone.

I am going to try the Instapot Chicken dish my friend sent me the other day. I now have all the ingredients. TwoSleevers do lots of recipes and this one has a normal method of preparation on their site as well as the Instant Pot version.

French Garlic Chicken

At the risk of sounding conceited, had I been served this Low Carb French Garlic Chicken in a
restaurant in Paris, I would not have complained. And of course, since it’s my recipe it’s stupid simple. An easy recipe that can be made in the Instant Pot Gem or stovetop.

For the Marinade
2 tsp Herbes de Provence.
2 Tbs Olive oil
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 Tbs cider vinegar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 Tbs minced Garlic
1 lb chicken thighs boneless skinless

For Cooking
2 Tbs Butter
8 cloves chopped Garlic
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup Cream

Mix all the ingredients for the marinade, using a wire whisk to emulsify the oil and vinegar together.
Add in chicken thighs and allow it to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. If you need to marinate for longer, put in the refrigerator.
1. For Instant Pot

2. When you are ready to cook, turn your Instant Pot to Sauté and when it is hot, add the butter and allow it to melt.

3. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.

4. Add in the chicken leaving behind as much of the marinade as you can. Do not discard the marinade.

5. Cook the chicken thighs so that they can lightly brown on one side, 3-5 minutes.

6. Add the marinade and 1/4 cup water.

7. Close the instant pot and set it to cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes. Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.

8. Remove the chicken on to a plate and add 1/4 cup cream into the pot, mixing well with the liquid in the pot.

9. As soon as the sauce thickens, pour it onto the chicken thighs and serve.

Servings: 4

Source: TwoSleevers

Author Notes
If you don't have Herbes de Provence, sub Italian blend herbs or even Greek blend herbs for a slightly different taste

Go easy on the salt in this recipe. I have reduced it to 1/2 teaspoon based on reader feedback


Have a great day
 

6 comments:

  1. Amazon Prime is a dangerous thing...
    Glad your neighbor is going to help you. Shame you don't live on the bottom floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I didn't pay for it Alex, it's a free trial, but yes, it is too easy to buy when there is no shipping fee.

      Never thought of that, living on the bottom floor would be so convenient these days.

      Delete
  2. I have Amazon Prime, for the now. Not sure how long I'll keep it, but I do use it a lot and it does pay for itself because I use it so much. I LOVE the sound of this chicken recipe and I'm going to make it this week! Thanks, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and Matt and that both of you get to feeling good again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Alex said, it's dangerous Lisa. However, the medical stuff arrived this morning, my steamer basket is due in April. This was good, I thought insufficient liquid. Friend told me to trust her and she was right, plenty of liquid. Keep the fingers crossed for a while Lisa.

      Delete
  3. I would LOVE to buy everything on my Amazon wish list. That would be so awesome. hahaha I hope you guys get some relief from the pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both JoJo, but despite the current free shipping, it would cost way too much.

      Delete