Friday, March 15, 2019

Celtic Thunder, Cooking, Amazon.

It being St. Patrick's Day on Sunday, I am sharing on of my favourite's with you. Matt and I are very fond of Celtic Thunder - this is their version of an Irish Rovers' song, and although some of the Celtic Thunder group have left to go out on their own plus one of them died unexpectedly, they still put on an excellent show. If you haven't seen this, enjoy.




I cooked the French Garlic Chicken from  yesterday, and when I got down to it, thought there couldn't possibly be enough liquid. I was seriously considering adding more but managed to get an email through to the friend who recommended it (some of you will remember ladydog) and she said to trust her, there was plenty of liquid. I did and she was  right. She also said I could have used wine, thought about doing that, but ended up using stock. We both enjoyed the dish although I had a little problem with my Instapot which I finally solved.

Not decided when to cook the Chicken Tikka Masala, although I now have the ingredients. Tomorrow, being Friday, it will be a fish dish. Maybe the risotto below.

My deliveries from Amazon all arrived good and early this morning with the exception of my steamer. That is not arriving til April. That's a bummer.

Here's a recipe that has me thinking. I am sure I can do it in the Instant Pot, just have to work out how. Pretty sure risotto is one of those things which are so much easier in the Instant Pot. Get thee to the Google Josephine. Not only that, I love Goat Cheese in Puréed Potato so I am sure it would be fabulous in rice.

Shrimp and Goat Cheese Risotto

The amuse-bouche—that bite size gift from the chef that starts the meal— is designed to leave you
wanting more. Laurent Tourondel offers a tiny mound of pesto risotto in a pool of foamy goat cheese. The recipe below presents those flavors in a more ample serving size.

1 quart chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
3/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 Tbs unsalted butter
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup arborio rice (8 1/2 ounces)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
1/4 cup soft fresh goat cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
2 Tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest
Salt and freshly ground pepper

1. In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. Add the shrimp, cover and simmer over moderate heat until just cooked, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a plate to cool. Cover the stock and keep it at barely a simmer.

2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the garlic and onion and cook over low heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until it is coated with oil, about 1 minute. Add the wine and simmer until almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add 1 scant cup of the simmering stock and cook, stirring constantly, until it is absorbed. Continue to add the stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until it is absorbed. The risotto is done when the rice is tender but still slightly firm and creamy, about 25 minutes total. Stir in the shrimp. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the basil, goat cheese, Parmesan, ginger and lemon zest. Season the risotto with salt and pepper and serve.

Servings: 4

Source

Have a great day
 

8 comments:

  1. I made sweet potatoes in the instapot tonight. So much quicker than the oven.

    I've never really eaten risotto. Or at least that I recall. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I found a recipe for the Instapot risotto Liz, now just got to figure out how to combine everything. Risotto is normally a pain to make as you have to stir it a lot whilst making. It is delicious though.

      Delete
  2. Not arriving until April? That's not very cool. Why such a delay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I saw Celtic Thunder last year, in October! We've been listening to them for years. My mother was completely captured by Damon McGinty, the young one, and has seen them live twice, and even met Damon and has a selfy taken, LOL. Sorry the steamer is going to take so long :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm green with envy Lisa. Matt would be too, he absolutely adores that group. It is a pity they have split up so much.

      Damien has grown into quite a striking young man.

      Delete
  4. Anything Celtic and I am there..love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun isn't it Birgit. Matt loves them so I have bought all the DVDs I can find for him. Seems quite happy to keep watching them.

      Delete