Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Sweet Potato, VHS, Medical,

I am astounded, I cooked Sweet Potato again Monday night, it was so tough to cut in half, I ended up baking it in the air fryer although I had planned fries. It was delicious. Matt, who swore off them some 40 odd years ago, has now eaten Sweet Potato twice recently.

A young woman from Community Support came and tried to fix up my VHS player for me, however, it appears I need a Universal Cable. Can't find it online so will phone our TV cable supplier and see if they know where I can get exactly what I need. Probably Best Buy who are now a long way away having closed down our local store. I know VHS is an old system, but I have a lot of tapes plus some with recorded personal stuff.

This is going to be a quiet week for us. Matt is showing signs of improvement and is enduring the TENS machine every day. He keeps nagging me to call the surgeon about my vascular surgery, but he told  me 6 months, so May/June it is. I must admit my legs seem to be getting worse though.

A bunch of close cyber friends have insisted I take a Selfie of me wearing my dragon earrings and my violent orange shirt. Never been good at selfies, will see what I can do, or  maybe what Matt can do.

Always loved avocado although Matt doesn't, mostly used to eat it with vinaigrette. However, I have an email with a bunch of recipes  today and thought this sounded good. I can buy frozen avocado chunks from my grocery store now too, I just chuck a handful in a salad.

Avocado-and-Shrimp Salad with Red Goddess Dressing

Chef Jonathan Waxman makes his tangy goddess dressing red instead of the classic green, using red
bell peppers for color and flavor

1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp minced jalapeño
3 Tbs plain yogurt
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup plus
1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
1 head of lettuce, torn into large pieces
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1 tsp fresh lime juice
2 Hass avocados, cut into wedges
1 lb cooked shrimp

1. In a blender, combine the roasted pepper, shallot, garlic, jalapeño, yogurt, vinegar and lemon juice and puree until smooth. Scrape the puree into a medium bowl and whisk in 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season with salt.

2. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the cilantro leaves, lime juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with salt. Arrange the dressed lettuce, avocado wedges and shrimp on plates and drizzle with some of the dressing. Serve the remaining Red Goddess dressing on the side.

Make Ahead : The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.

Have a great day
 

8 comments:

  1. I don't care for avocado. It smells like fresh cut grass to me and I can't get past that.

    I made sweet potatoes in my instapot and added some dried cranberries to the dish. It was delicious. I made the beef you posted the other day in my instapot and it was really good.

    I also think a picture needs to happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. How did you make your sweet potatoes Liz, sounds good.

      LOL

      Delete
  2. Maybe you can talk Matt into sweet potato pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I could talk me into it Alex. Will have to look it up.

      Delete
  3. You should get one of those components that transfers VCR tapes to DVD. I got one two years ago and transferred all of our movies and most of our home videos to DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that with my vinyl records Diane. Trouble is, right now, I can't play my DVDs anyway.

      Delete
  4. Love avocados more than I can say. They taste like butter to me. Frozen? Haven't heard of that before. Will have to look into that. I love sweet potatoes, too!
    Jo, I cooked up that garlic chicken you had here last week, and though I had to tweak it a bit because I didn't use the pressure cooker, it was a huge hit! We all loved it and I will make it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frozen would also be good for making guacamole of course.

      Glad you enjoyed it Lisa, so easy in the Instant Pot though.

      Delete