Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Waste Shark, Instant Pot, Pancake Day,

News from World Wildlife Fund and Sky Ocean Rescue that Tuesday they launched Waste Shark which is designed to help clean up coasts and collect plastic waste. It is designed to collect 15 tonnes of waste a year which will be recycled and Waste Shark will roam through 5 km of water off the Devon coast. The Waste Shark has been tested in other countries according to the article. I am thrilled to hear this because the pollution of our oceans is a very big problem with huge islands of plastic accumulating in our waters. It is damaging marine wildlife much of which is found to have plastics in its stomachs. Apparently 8 million tonnes of plastic are dumped into the water every year. I notice even my Cannabis suppliers have stopped using plastic for my shipments. Way to go Canntrust. Waste Shark is only a beginning, but it is a start dealing with a major problem.

Although it was Mardi Gras on Tuesday, until Hilary Melton-Butcher reminded me, I had forgotten it was Shrove Tuesday and therefore Pancake Day in the UK. By pancakes, I mean what are commonly known by the French word crêpes over on this side of the pond. I assume they still do, but they used to have Pancake races and I think the competitors were supposed to flip the pancakes as they ran. I used to be able to flip pancakes but I don't have the courage these days. Anyway, I pulled out my pan, mixed up some batter and dolloped some Nutella in the middle. They were scrumptious. I also have 4 left for the freezer.

This is an Instant Pot recipe.

Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta

3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 Tbs sriracha hot sauce
1 lb spaghetti, broken into smaller pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups water
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can use frozen and thawed, then drained)
1/2 cup green onions, thinly chopped (on the diagonal)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, lime juice and sriracha

2. Combine spaghetti, garlic, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 4 cups water in instant pot, then seal lid and set to cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.

3. Quick release steam, then stir shrimp and mayo chili sauce into pasta. Set instant pot to sauté and cook mixture for 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp os light pink and opaque.

4. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve with green onions and enjoy.

Servings: 6

Source: 12 Tomatoes

Have a great day
 

15 comments:

  1. That recipe looks delicious and easy. Still debating about whether to get an InstaPot or similar here. I need to come up with at least 30 recipes before I think it will be worth my while. That is good at the Waste Shark. I know in California they don't have plastic bags at the grocery stores any more for free. You either bring your cloth bag or buy a reusable plastic bag from the store. It is supposed to help cut down on the amount of plastic being dumped in trash, etc.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The internet is littered with Instapot recipes. I am delighted with mine. More and more places are changing from plastic to cloth bags which you buy.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to look up the Waste Shark! That sounds like a great idea. Just hope it's marine life friendly and won't hurt them. I love love love crepes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall the article said anything about that Lisa, but being World Wildlife I am sure it will be. I love crêpes too, ate the other 4 instead of freezing them LOL.

      Delete
  3. Love the waste shark. What a shame that this much plastic is dumped into the oceans. I hope we start waking up and not use plastic any more. I know most places I shop at now, you must bring your own bags or they will charge you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Birgit. I was delighted with the Waste Shark, wonderful idea.

      Delete
  4. I've avoided InstaPot with all the exploding pot stories, but I might have to get one. That recipe is interesting and looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do so many things with it Melissa, once you have the hang of it. The main thing is you can basically just shove stuff in then walk away and forget about it. No stirring or anything whilst its cooking. Be careful to read the instructions if you do get one. With your bunch, you might need a larger one, 6 qt. I would have liked one that big, but I have such a small kitchen.

      Delete
  5. That is a wonderful invention. So many animals get caught in plastic, too. We always snip apart the rings around 6-packs of bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it Diane, I presume they have plans for bigger ones more far ranging. Don't often buy such bottles or cans, but I do the same thing with the plastic. We recycle as much as we possibly can too.

      Delete
  6. The waste shark sounds awesome! I know there's a lot of plastic bits at the tide lines on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not on the east coast JoJo? Thought it was everywhere.

      Delete
  7. Hello,

    Welcome to technechhacks where problems are been solved,

    we deal with the total functioning of sites like



    + SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, google hangout etc.)

    + BANK ACCOUNTS

    + ICLOUD

    + CRIMINAL RECORDS

    + SCHOOL GRADES

    + CREDIT SCORES

    + SPOUSES PHONE

    + BTC RECOVERY

    + BTC MINING


    Thus bewere of scammers because most persons are been scammed and they ended up getting all solutions to their cyber bullies and attacks by US.

    I am Jason williams one of the leading hack agent.

    PURPOSE IS TO GET YOUR JOBS DONE AT EXACTLY NEEDED TIME REQUESTED!!!



    And our WORK SUCCESS IS 100%!!!



    I’m always available for you when you need help.

    Contact or write us on:

    Technechhacks@gmail.com or
    Intelcorehacks@gmail.com

    Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete