Saturday, March 9, 2019

Spam, Cold, Shrimp Creole,

See I had a bunch of spam comments in the last few blogs. Why do they bother? Mind you although I deleted a couple, I couldn't be bothered to delete them all, maybe later.

Complaining of the cold as I was, yesterday, I snuggled up with a hot water bottle which did the trick. Today I have been quite warm, mind you it was one of those days when the winter sun was pouring through our windows.

Friday I made Shrimp Creole, in a regular pan though. I have now figured out how to do it in the Instant Pot so that will be how I do it in future. Mind you, the one I made was delicious. I have figured I can never do rice for the two of us because I only cook half a cup in 3/4 cup water. I could be wrong, but don't think I could cook something so little in the Instapot. Might try a spaghetti plus sauce some time next week, watching You Tube videos has given me some insight.

Saturday doing a roast. No, in the regular oven. We like our beef rare - so you can slap on a bandaid and send it back in the field. I don't think I could get it that rare except in the oven. Only trouble is, I didn't think to get some Yorkshire Puddings from the grocery store so I might have to make them from scratch. Not done that in many a long year. Just made me think of Toad in the Hole, another thing I haven't made in a long time. I don't know if this was a product of the war years when we couldn't get much although I wouldn't think we could have got sausages either.

Toad in the Hole

8 links pork sausage
1 Tbs vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 eggs
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2. Pour the oil into the bottom of a baking dish, and arrange the sausages over it in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.

3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, and half of the milk until smooth. Gradually mix in the rest of the milk until a smooth batter is achieved. Season with salt and pepper.

4. Remove the sausages from the oven, and ladle the batter over them until the sausages are 3/4 covered. Return to the oven, and bake for 35 minutes, or until the center is risen and browned. Don't worry if the underside seems slightly soft, as this is normal.

Author: stablespy

Have a great weekend
 

10 comments:

  1. My husband makes an incredible tofu creole. All of our friends ask for it when coming over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious Diane. I enjoy tofu.

      Delete
    2. I'd love that recipe Diane!!! I love tofu and my husband loves creole anything.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo - I delete all spam and ignore it. Love Shrimp Creole ... and too toad in the hole ... delicious - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Hilary. Haven't had toad in the hole for years.

      Delete
  3. Funnily enough Toad in the Hole came up on a British food show last night. I’ve never had it but it sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a quick supper Helen. I can't remember if Pisces eats meat.

      Delete
  4. Toad in the Hole looks yummy! Glad you're warming up, Jo. I delete spam all the time. Any anonymous comments go to the bin. Which is why I set my blog to no anonymous comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought mine was set up that way, will have to check it out Lisa.

      Delete