Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Sweat Shirt, Words for Wednesday, Mandarin, Movie, Coffee, Shoes

I bought Matt a couple of sweat shirts from two different sources. One is what I would call a slim fit, it fits fine and looks good, but he has trouble taking it off at night. He says he won't wear it again. What a waste. Too small for me I'm afraid. A friend suggested I returned it to the store. Never thought of that. Phoned and they said fine.

Just occurred to me, writing this, that it's Words for Wednesday tomorrow. Well today for you I guess. It is on Elephant's Child's blog. It is quite fun, someone selects a bunch of words or gives some kind of prompt and one can then write a little story or a poem or something like that using the words or prompts. I enjoy it and have surprised myself somewhat with some of the ways I use the prompts.


You can either publish your efforts on Elephant's Child's blog or link your efforts on your own blog. I usually post on her blog.

Lunch at Mandarin was very good as usual. Matt enjoyed his free Birthday meal of course. Although he never eats as  much as he could. He eats more at home I think. I probably ate too  much again although I did steer clear of too  many dumplings and ate my veggies like a good girl LOL. Actually I had some kelp salad, which I love, and some bean sprouts. I also put mussels on a separate plate today so I could take a few more, don't usually have room for many otherwise. This photo isn't as clear as some they have taken in the past, but the Mandarin frame is magnetic and will stick on the fridge with the other pix from previous years. By the way, I forgot to mention, no indigestion pains tonight thank goodness. And, did I tell you, Matt was 85 today?

I just watched Going My Way with Bing Crosby. Saw it over Christmas, but it got a bunch of Oscars so they are showing it on TCM because they are showing winning movies up to when the Oscars take place. I was never that fond of Bing Crosby until I saw a film clip of him singing "Do You Hear What I Hear" which he really sang beautifully and it gave me a new respect for him.

Tomorrow morning, I will be having coffee with some of my friends from the Alzheimer Course I went on. Then I have to pick up the groceries.

Forgot to mention, the story about the woman who had my shoes on at bowling, ladydog said I should get some red shoes!!!

I don't know anyone who loves scallops more than I unless it's ladydog. Luckily the fish department at Victoria St. Market always have some good big ones. So, guess what? Here is a scallop recipe.

Seared Scallops in a Cajun Mustard Cream Sauce

Seared scallops in a quick, easy and tasty cajun mustard cream sauce that makes for the perfect starter
or light meal!

1 lb sea scallops (about 1 inch thick)
2 tsp cajun seasoning
1/2 Tbs butter
1/2 Tbs oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
1 Tbs dijon mustard
2 tsp cajun mustard (or grainy mustard)
1 Tbs lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbs parsley, chopped

1. Pat the scallops dry and press on the cajun seasoning.

2. Met the butter into the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the scallops and sear until lightly golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side, before setting aside.

3. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.

4. Add the heavy cream, mustards and lemon juice, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, about 2-3 minutes.

5. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste and serve the scallops in the sauce garnished with the chopped parsley.

Servings: 4

Author: Kevin Lynch
Source: Closet Cooking

Author Notes
Option: Replace the butter and oil with bacon grease or better yet, start by cooking 4 strips bacon, use the grease to cook the scallops in and sprinkle the crumbled bacon onto the scallops just before serving!

Option: Add 1/4 cup chicken broth or seafood broth or white wine to the pan before adding the cream and deglaze the plan by scrapping all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon while the broth simmers.

Option: Add 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese to the sauce!



Have a great day
 

14 comments:

  1. River is providing the prompts this month - and the link is on my post today. there have been some excellent stories already and I do hope you will join us.
    A very, very Happy Bithday to Matt.
    Great that you can return the sweatshirt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your take on the Words Sue, but got a busy day. Hopefully will be able to carry on later.

      Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
    2. Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficultto enlarge Penis is because they bedlieve on medicalreport, drugs and medical treatment which is nothelpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via WhatsApp : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enlarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.
































      Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficultto enlarge Penis is because they bedlieve on medicalreport, drugs and medical treatment which is nothelpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via WhatsApp : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enlarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.












      Delete
    3. am from U..A.E I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him on his WhatApp number +2348140654426

      Delete
  2. I used to eat scallops quite a bit, but in recent years I seem to have developed a bit of an aversion to shellfish. Whether it is an actual allergy I am not sure, but I have been dreadfully sick a couple of times after eating mussels or clams. I don't know whether scallops would have the same effect, but I give them a wide berth as a precaution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that David. I would be really upset to have to abandon shellfish. Never eaten clams in Canada (used to get them straight out of the sea) but mussels and scallops most definitely. Victoria St. Market, which I am always on about, has a branch of Caudle's Catch and their seafood is excellent.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to Matt. As for those sweatshirts, I just gave one of my old shirts away that I decided was too much trouble to pull over my head. It was loose around the middle but for some reason difficult to get off and on. When I went for my cataract surgery, I was told not to wear anything that goes on over the head. They said too many seniors have difficulty. Most of my tops do not have buttons or zippers. I think it is more to do with the type of fabric.
    Love scallops. Had them Saturday wrapped in bacon, but this recipe looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. That's interesting because Matt had cataract surgery some time ago and wasn't told that, as far as I remember. He doesn't usually have trouble - just with this one shirt.

      Me too.

      Delete
  4. Those scallops look so good. Matt looks good for 85 and this is a nice picture of the both of you. That lady is ballsy! I’m glad you are meeting up with the Alzheimer’s ladies which is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they Birgit. It is a nice pic, wish it was a little clearer. Actually it's a mixed group Birgit, 3 females, 2 males. Sadly once again there were only 3 of us today. One of these days we will all make it to the coffee meetings.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to Matt! Glad he enjoyed his dinner out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 85! Wow. Happy birthday, Matt. I still remember meeting you (and Jeff) at the Outer Banks many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice meeting you too Diane. Was quite a time ago though wasn't it. Still hear from Jeff once in a while, do you? I just wish he would finish his book(s)

      Delete