Saturday, February 8, 2020

Saturday Recipe

Zoe and ladydog came over today, they brought subs for lunch. I tried something new, Subway's non meat meatballs. They were OK. By the way, she Googled Jalapenos (can't make the tilde over the n on this laptop, odd) and apparently it is a crap shoot as to whether they are spicy or not, sorry, nothing to do with the seeds or veins.

Being a chocoholic...

I don't understand why they didn't include a frosting recipe with this. I had to look one up.

The Ultimate Chocolate Cake

This beauty has everything you want in a perfect chocolate cake-a simple, stir-together batter infused with velvety melted chocolate; a no-fail cream cheese-based frosting, and plenty of it; and a stress-free decorating method you can nail no matter your skill level. A scant cup of freshly brewed coffee
intensifies the rich flavor of the chocolate cake, thanks to the coffee’s pleasantly bitter notes-use the best-quality chocolate and coffee for the biggest flavor payoff. Love to get ahead? You’ve got two solid options with this recipe. First, make the frosting and bake the layers the day before, then cover/wrap both tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate. You could also prepare the cake and decorate as directed a day ahead, then cover with a cake dome and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Baking spray with flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup hot brewed coffee
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour (about 8 1/2 ounces)
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa blend (such as Hershey’s Special Dark)
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Chocolate-Cream Cheese 

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with baking spray.

2. Combine chocolate chips and hot coffee in a medium bowl; let stand 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted, about 1 minute. Whisk in oil, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.

3. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in wet ingredients. Divide batter evenly among prepared pans (about 2 cups per pan).

4. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pans 10 minutes. Invert cake layers onto wire racks, and let cool completely, about 1 hour.

5. Spread frosting between layers and on top of cake. Spread a thin layer of frosting on sides of cake, smoothing with a spatula. Chill cake 30 minutes. Spread an additional layer of frosting on top and sides of cake.

Servings: 12

 Author: ANNA THEOKTISTO
Source: Food and Wine

 Have a great weekend.
 

12 comments:

  1. Kosher salt is not something I can ever remember seeing here. Mind you, we use virtually no salt so it is hardly surprising.
    And yes, a chocolate cake NEEDS icing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please excuse the typo. Can Never remember or CAM"T ever remember but not can ever.

      Delete
    2. We all do them Sue. As for Kosher salt, I take no notice of that. To me, salt is salt is salt.

      Delete
    3. Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficultto enlarge Penis is because they bedlieve on medicalreport, drugs and medical treatment which is nothelpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via WhatsApp : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enlarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.
































      Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficultto enlarge Penis is because they bedlieve on medicalreport, drugs and medical treatment which is nothelpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via WhatsApp : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enlarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.












      Delete
    4. am from U..A.E I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him on his WhatApp number +2348140654426

      Delete
  2. Why would they leave out the icing? How very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a link in the recipe description to the frosting recipe: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chocolatecream-cheese-frosting

    And while there is heat in the jalapeno, the majority is in the seeds. That is true of most hot peppers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only link I can see is the one I put in Denise.

      I wouldn't eat the seeds anyway, get stuck in my teeth.

      Delete
    2. You're right Denise, I didn't see that frosting link. I have put it in now. However, I would have expected the frosting recipe to be part of the main recipe.

      Delete
    3. Food and Wine is notorious for this, especially when a separate sauce is made. Maybe it is because in the magazine the sauce and frosting recipes are separate and it doesn't get done right on the web? Who knows?

      Delete
    4. I do like their recipes though. They come up with some good ones.

      Delete