Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Medical, Movie, Ringtones, Email.

I didn't go bowling today, my legs have been giving me a lot of problem the last few days. Pity really because next week we can't go as a family takes over the whole place for Family Day. A Canadian holiday.

However, I did phone the vascular surgeon because my legs were so bad and I now have an appointment for an ultrasound and to see the surgeon after. If they arrange surgery, it is a day surgery so won't cause me a lot of problems with Matt, I hope. Talking of whom, I finally got to speak to the nurse at the doctor's office and they can find nothing wrong on his ultrasound either. Maybe we should go in and talk to the doctor and see what she says.

My cardiologist was worried about my potassium levels but the nurse told me that with a previous blood test, my potassium levels are right in the middle. I didn't think there was any problem but I do have difficulties with cramps when I am on a diuretic. My favourite phrase "Old Age Ain't for Sissies".

I just watched Ad Astra with Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland. I had a little trouble understanding the words, but I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Space exploration has always fascinated me so this was right up my street. The movie was based on a time fairly far into the future with bases on moon and Mars. Something I am always sad that I will never see.

Playing with my new phone, I ended up with music from Star Wars, the Bar Scene. It's rather fun. However, I will continue to check out other ringtones I might use.

My email programme is right up the shoot again. Luckily I can go on the Rogers site and read there, but it is something of a nuisance to say the least. This means I am stuck as far as recipes are concerned, however, I found this one in my recipe programme. I like the sound of it with one exception, egg substitute? What's wrong with eggs?

Spicy Texas Breakfast Casserole

1 lb Medium Egg Noodles
3/4 lb mild sausage
1 small onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 16oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup egg substitute, slightly beaten
1 can low-fat cream of mushroom soup, mixed with one can of water
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp chili pepper
2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
picante sauce

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.

2. While pasta is cooking, saute sausage, onion, and bell pepper in a skillet. Drain sausage mixture.

3. While mixture is draining, scramble eggs in skillet. When eggs are done, add eggs, soup with water, tomatoes, spices, pasta and sausage mixture to 9x13 pan. Sprinkle top with cheese.

4. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve topped with picante sauce.

Servings: 8

Source: National Pasta Association



Have a great day
 

18 comments:

  1. I am sorry that your legs are giving you grief and hope that a simple fix can be found.
    Old age (and disability) most definitely ain't for sissies.
    Good luck with the email. At the moment I can only send emails through my ISP's webmail page. Which is irritating to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Seeing doc on the 27th.

      I am having to do the same thing with my email. Just phoned them and they say nothing they can do. I have had to same problem and been helped before so I don't know. Will try again later.

      Delete
    2. I have just sent you an email. This morning I got a couple of emails (purportedly from you) which do not make me comfortable. Can you check your email and get back to me please.

      Delete
    3. Well, that makes two of us with weird emails.

      Delete
    4. A couple of emails Sue, as far as I know, most people only got one. Did you get one or two Denise? No, they weren't from me but seem to have been sent to everyone I know or have had contact with. Not sure how but my ISP with the technology today it is easy enough for people to do these things. What, not ready to do me a favour LOL. You notice it was spelled favor, the US way.

      Delete
    5. am from U..A.E I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him on his WhatApp number +2348140654426

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your various encounters with the doctors, Jo. Growing old does have its challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Challenges is one word for it.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully they figure it out and take care of your legs.
    Ed Astra is on my list to watch soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They know what's wrong but entering the veins and putting in stents is kind of major Alex.

      I really enjoyed Ad Astra although for the life of me I couldn't remember the names of the three I listed above. I always have trouble remembering Donald Sutherland's name for some reason. I have it written down because of that.

      Delete
  4. Wow. I can't even remember the last time I used egg substitute for anything. Even with my high cholesterol I do not bother with it.

    Wish they could determine why your legs hurt so much. I have broken both my legs in years past and this winter the old injuries are playing havoc with me. Luckily, just some tylenol and topical cream will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was surprised at the egg substitute Denise.

      Basically we know why, Peripheral Arterial Disease, i.e. no blood getting to them, but as I said above, fairly major stuff to deal with.

      Delete
  5. Sorry you're in pain. Devastating when it keeps you from the things you enjoy. I'm testing new medications, and, definitely not enjoying the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yolanda. Joys of growing older. I hope they find something that works for you.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jo, I tried commenting on your latest blog, but for some reason it didn't go through. I'm so sorry for the pain and frustration you must be going through with your legs. This combined with your email trouble must be extremely aggravating. I hope you feel better soon and your email starts running smoothly. In the meantime, you deserve to have Kevin Lynch come over to prepare his delicious pork tenderloin dish for you and your hubby!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Nice to hear from you. The email seems to be sorted at the moment, so that's one aggravation got rid of.

      What a good idea, I wonder.......

      Delete
  7. Oh no..if it's not one thing, it's another. Pain in the legs is never easy..any pain really. What can the doctor's do and if they can, is it day surgery? I am thinking of your ability to be away from Matt. I have to see Ad Astra still. Space has not been my big interest..I know, what's wrong with me? :) I will see it because I did hear good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on Rogers on Demand Birgit, cheaper than going to the movies. Yes, I would probably have more stents put in my veins/arteries, whatever, and the three occasions prior, it was always day surgery.

      Delete