Friday, February 7, 2020

Poppers, Busy Day, New Phone,

I meant to write about the Jalapeño Poppers I bought. I cooked them in my toaster oven the other night (we also had Cornish Pasties for supper) and enjoyed them, but I was expecting them to be one heck of a lot more pungent, what I call hot in England and North Americans call spicy. There was a pleasant tingle but not really much more than that.

You think I have busy days, you should try this one. First a Coordinator comes from CSC to talk to us for a while. This meant we had to get a move on before she came. We had a quick lunch and then went down to the lab for me to have my potassium blood test. Just as we were about to leave Purolator came with a parcel. Guessed it was my new phone, tell you later. Then to the optometrist which is the other side of town. Forgot to mention it had been snowing overnight and this morning so the roads were wet and a little bit icy, Neither of us need a new prescription. We discussed why I was having trouble reading my PC, turns out that because I wear progressive glasses it may well be that I am trying to read my monitor with the wrong part of the lenses. My monitor sits on a surge slayer so it is, perhaps, a bit high. I need to do something about it. Right now I am sitting bold upright and yes, I am having less problem, only trouble to sit that straight hurts my back. After the optometrist I went to the shopping plaza where there was a store which was where I bought Matt's sweat shirt only online. They took it back without any problem. Finally, we headed back and called in at the grocery store to pick up my second small order of the week. Even then I forgot mushrooms. Guess what, we headed home after all that.

Yes, it was my new phone. ladydog had suggested that I should use Uber if I need the odd ride home from the hospital when we have gone there by ambulance. But, don't know if you know, you can only get hold of them by their app. However, a couple of days ago, CARP (which is like the American AARP) had a special offer from Zoomer Wireless and I am now the proud possessor of a Motorola G7 phone. Much to my delight, it came with the SIM card already installed, I am never very good at that. I played with the phone a bit this aft and called ladydog to try it out, but I have to put in lots of phone numbers and so on. Have got as far as emails - it can receive wifi which will be useful although, much to my disgust, the bowling alley won't let us use their system. I have a 2 year contract and the price is excellent, the phone itself cost nothing.

Having sat watching TV til fairly late this evening, I did my Spanish fairly quickly, and then came on here to blog. Tomorrow things will be fairly quiet, Zoey is bringing lunch and ladydog and that is, so far, it.

So after all that rushing around, I just threw some macaroni in the Instant Pot and that's what we had for supper, Macaroni and Cheese. It really is delicious, I actually use just Habanero cheese and Parmesan. Here's the recipe if you have forgotten.

Instant Pot Mac and Cheese

This macaroni and cheese is every family's favorite comfort food pasta recipe made easy in the
Instant Pot!  You can have creamy, mouthwatering, homemade mac and cheese for dinner in about 10 minutes!

8 oz Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 Tbs Butter
1 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 to 1 cup Milk

1. Add the uncooked macaroni, chicken broth, butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, pepper, and salt to the Instant Pot.

2. Place the lid on the pot and set to sealing.  Cook on manual function, high pressure for 5 minutes.  Then, do a quick release.

3. Stir in the cheeses and milk until smooth.  Season as necessary to taste.

4. Notes

5. NOTE:  The cheeses listed in the recipe have produced the best flavor that I have found.  Feel free to use your family's favorite cheese combination.

6. NOTE:  For the milk, start with 1/2 cup and add up to one cup if you find it needs to be thinned out a little bit more.

7. IMPORTANT: Empty pot before sitting down to eat otherwise it iwll be difficult to clean as cheese sticks.

Servings: 4

Have a great day
 

11 comments:

  1. You fill me with shame. You seem to have busy day after busy day and, if I can, I have a quiet day after EACH busy day.
    Mac n cheese is a wonderful comfort food isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well today should be quiet Sue. I hope. It's been snowing overnight Our eye appointment was made a year ago and couldn't be changed unless I left it til the summer.

      Actually, I have to admit, I don't really know what a comfort food is.

      Delete
    2. Comfort food is food that provides consolation or a feeling of well-being, typically having a high sugar or carbohydrate content and associated with childhood or home cooking. Anything with cinnamon is a comfort food for me.

      Delete
    3. I was talking about this earlier today Sue. I honestly cannot think of anything I would call a comfort food for me.

      Delete
    4. am from U..A.E I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him on his WhatApp number +2348140654426

      Delete
  2. The heat of a jalapeno is in the seeds and ribs, so once they are removed, no heat.
    You run around town more than I do. Makes me feel like a hermit, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know it made that much difference Denise. Unfortunately, if I don't run around, nothing happens any more. But, it does seem that everything happens at once.

      Delete
  3. I haven't had a good Cornish Pastie in years, if fact I haven't even thought about Cornish Pasties in years! It's amazing how each culture has its own version of a little pastry-filled savoury treat - empanadas, samosas, knishes.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rising Dough in Cambridge has great Cornish Pasties David. Must admit I have never thought about the comparison before, but yes, you are right. Don't know about the other things, but Cornish Pasties were designed for miners to pick up by the top part which was thrown away when they had eaten the rest of it.

      Delete
  4. The bowling alley won't let you use their WiFi? How primitive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to think if anyone else accesses it, they will screw it up somehow Alex. I can go sit in my garage when they are working on my car and get WIFI there.

      Delete