Saturday, February 15, 2020

Lost Blog, Lunch, Pink Manta,

As some of you are aware, I accidentally deleted yesterday's blog. When I was at the garage having my car repaired, I was telling the guy in the office about the pink manta and told him how to get to my blog on his phone. He did that. Also saw the recipe and said "I will have to follow your blog" but, he couldn't find the way to follow which is normally on the side of the blog. So I tried to find it on my phone which, as you know, is brand new and which I don't really know how to use  yet, so what dd I do, deleted the blog. Luckily I found it again when I got home, it was elsewhere on my desktop but I couldn't find the comments. I'll have to be careful not to mess around on my blog on the phone until I know what the heck I am doing.

ladydog popped in for a quick lunch today and brought us a couple of maple candies for Valentine's Day. Only Valentine I got or am likely to get these days. I did think of ordering some flowers but didn't in the end.

Hm, I thought those pictures were a bit vivid, it turns out the Manta Ray has only got a pinkly shaded underside. How disappointing. Mind you, it is still pink which is somewhat unusual to say the least. Some of the shots look pinker than others.



I went to Victoria St. with ladydog and bought some scallops for tonight. However, I ended up cooking the rest of our frozen shrimp in batter which are pretty delicious. Was going to do the scallop dish I posted the other day but think I still have something of a stomach upset still. Been freezing all day when people assure me it is quite warm in the apartment.

I started watching The Avengers, Back to the Future. I turned it off in the end. Was having trouble understanding what they were saying until they played music which was so loud it knocked you off your feet. Except for one or two characters, I didn't know who all these people were, and I found the plot too entangled to follow.

I thought these looked rather good, especially if you have a nice sauce to dip them into.

Arancini (Italian Rice Balls)

2 eggs
2 1/2 cup[s cooked rice (preferably short grain or aborio rice)
1/3 cup butter, melted
2/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 2/3 cup romano cheese
1 tsp fresh minced garlic (or 1/2 - 1 teaspoon garlic powder) (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley
2 tsp seasoning salt
1 -2 tsp ground black pepper
3 oz mozzarella cheese (cut into small cubes)
oil, for deep-frying
COATING
2 eggs, beaten
flour, for coating
1 cup fine dry breadcrumb

1. In a bowl lightly beat 2 eggs.

2. Stir in cooked rice, melted butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic (if using) parsley, seasoned salt and pepper.

3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

4. Roll into 1-1/2-inch balls.

5. Press a cheese cube into each ball then reshape rice balls.

6. Place the flour into a small bowl.

7. Whisk 2 eggs in a small bowl.

8. Place the dry breadcrumbs in a small bowl.

9. Dip each ball into flour, then into the egg and then lastly into the breadcrumbs.

10. Heat oil to 375 degrees, then fry rice balls until golden brown (about 4 minutes).

11. Drain on paper towels.

Yield: 4-6

Source: Food

Have a great day

12 comments:

  1. I am not game to even attempt to play on my blog from my phone.
    Arancini are something I have been meaning to make for a long, long time. They are delicious and you can add additional flavours to them too. I have often seen chicken arancini, but wouldn't go past spinach and fetta ones for me. I suspect I could cook them in the air fryer too and avoid the deep frying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't meant to exactly Sue, but was trying to help the guy at the garage. None of this stuff at the side showed up.

      Yes, I wondered about trying them in my air fryer. I am totally unfamiliar with them.

      Delete
  2. Those rice balls look pretty good. I might give that recipe a shot, especially after Sue's recommendation,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do David, and an endorsement always helps. Do you have an air fryer?

      Delete
    2. No but we have a deep fryer. Would that work?

      Delete
    3. Yes, but deep fryers require oil which air fryers don't. Much healthier and the results are just as good.

      Delete
  3. A lot of those action movies have really bad sound ... I find I"m using subtitles on a lot of American stuff now - and then when the music comes on , it's so loud. We watched Downsizing last night - a really interesting film with (mostly) a beautiful soundtrack.
    I'm having difficulty posting comments on Blogger these days - it depends on the browser and it's really annoying.
    Belated happy valentine's day - no flowers here either lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Fil. I keep forgetting to turn on the subtitles. The music in the one I tried to watch was dreadfully loud. Not heard of Downsizing will have to look out for it. A friend of mine posts a blog and I can't comment on it at all these days. Dunno what blogger is up to.

      Same to you, we should have sent each other flowers LOL

      Delete
  4. These rice balls look enticing, thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so Nas. I will have to give them a try.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jo,

    Yup, those action movies are REALLY loud. I had that too in movies. I generally can understand the dialogue, but I don't enjoy them with super loud music.

    Those rice balls look great. I haven't had them in years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The noise is a bit horrific isn't it Michael. People keep telling me to use subtitles but I mmust admit I have forgotten how to get them on my TV. Will have to do some investigating.

      Never had them, must do so.

      Delete