Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Family Day, Beta Read,

Not being gainfully employed any more, I really don't like holidays. Never really know what to do with them. Couldn't go bowling, no exercise class, not really much of anything to do.

However, having been sent a book to proof by Susan Gourley-Kelley, I made a start on it and read quite a bit. It's a winner for me because it's a dragon story. I am always delighted to read dragon stories although, as I said to Susan, I prefer good dragons to bad ones. I have always like the ones on Pern in the books by Anne McCaffery who sadly is no longer with us. Her children have written some stories set on Pern since she died but they just don't have the same flavour somehow.

I couldn't make up my mind what to cook for supper so decided on macaroni and cheese in the Instant Pot. I then realised I didn't have enough cheese for the recipe I use. I hummed and haaed and then got some frozen cheese sauce out. I made the noodles the same way as before, but I then opened the lid and stirred in the defrosted cheese sauce. Worked a treat. Now I don't have any cheese sauce which I use for Cauliflower Cheese as well. I usually make up a pretty big batch of it, it keeps so well in the freezer.

Instant Pot Mac and Cheese

This macaroni and cheese is every family's favorite comfort food pasta recipe made easy in the
Instant Pot!  You can have creamy, mouthwatering, homemade mac and cheese for dinner in about 10 minutes!

8 oz Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 Tbs Butter
1 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 to 1 cup Milk

1. Add the uncooked macaroni, chicken broth, butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, pepper, and salt to the Instant Pot.

2. Place the lid on the pot and set to sealing.  Cook on manual function, high pressure for 5 minutes.  Then, do a quick release.

THIS IS WHERE YOU ADD THE CHEESE SAUCE

I assume you don't need a recipe for cheese sauce,there are dozens on the internet, just add a good quantity and stir it in to the cooked macaroni then enjoy.

Servings: 4

Have a great day
 

4 comments:

  1. Dragon tales are always a winner for me too. Coincidentally I am also reading one at the moment (the Dragon and the George by Gordon R Dickson). I agree with you about Ann McCaffery, and her gift didn't get handed down the family line for me either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That title sounds familiar to me Sue. I am not sure if I have read it or not.

      Delete
  2. Since I have been retired I constantly forget the holidays. Yesterday, for example, I set out to go the the credit union, completely forgetting it was Family Day, which only dawned on me when I called in at Sobey's on the way down, and they were closed of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny David, at least I didn't go to bowling by mistake yesterday.

      Delete