Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Monday Morning, Bowling, Shoes,

Well of course, Monday was bowling. I started the day by making Matt a birthday card. I also called Community Support about my shopping ride and was somewhat surprised to be asked 4 questions about the corona virus (might have spelled that wrong) such as - did I have a recent cough, had I been to China or been in contact with someone who had, etc. don't, somehow, expect such questions in little old Kitchener. Mind you we are going to a Chinese restaurant for Matt's birthday lunch but I don't think they are all Chinese anyway and I don't think they will have been there either. Mind you, I've been coughing for a couple of weeks or more but don't think it's the virus.

After lunch I left Matt alone and headed out to the bowling alley - I bowled well but not as well as last week. My first game was a 170 again, but my last one was a very sad little 110. Scored enough to send my average up one point. One friend gave me a piece of Christmas Cake she had made and promised me some time ago and Dan the Candy Man gave me some Lindt truffles. Shared a few with my team and brought the rest home. The cake was very good. Had it after supper.

We have to remove wet footwear when we enter the bowling alley so do that at the designated area near the door. When I went to get my shoes I couldn't find them. I was in panic stations, I didn't know what to do. I was making a bit of a song and dance when one bowler said to his partner "you didn't come in white shoes today, you wore black". Silly woman had my shoes on. I was a bit teed off with her. I was surprised she could be comfortable with my orthotics. Boy was I ever glad her partner realised what she had done. What a relief. A few minutes later I found she was holding my cane too. Grrr. I'm not sure if she was having me on there or what,  but I wasn't in the mood.

Headed to Victoria St. Market to get a couple of things, mainly Italian sausages. They had some jalapeño poppers for sale. I have always wanted to try those but didn't want to make a whole bunch and then find out we didn't like them, so I bought a few to try.

There are all kinds of recipes for them, this is one.

Baked Jalapeño Poppers

This lightened-up baked jalapeño popper recipe will be a big hit! They’re stuffed with fresh, herbed
cream cheese, and topped with a crispy and irresistible barbecue potato chip topping. Plus, they’re vegetarian and gluten free

12 large jalapeño peppers
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
¼ cup chopped green onion, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp fine sea salt
? cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbs crumbled feta cheese, optional
1 big handful Kettle Brand Country Style Barbecue potato chips

1. Preheat the oven to 425° F  and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Cut off one-third of each pepper lengthwise (see photos). Use a small spoon (a serrated grapefruit spoon works great) to scoop out the seeds and membranes from each pepper, and discard those pieces.

2. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, ¼ cup chopped cilantro and green onion, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Stir to combine.

3. Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture (you might have a small amount left over). Top each of the peppers with a small mound of cheese lengthwise.

4. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and starting to turn golden.

5. Meanwhile, place a big handful of chips in a food processor and process until the chips are broken into tiny pieces (or, you can crush them under a rolling pin). Stir the feta, if using, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of cilantro and green onion into the chips.

6. Transfer the jalapeño poppers to a large serving dish and top each pepper with the crushed chip mixture. Serve!

7. Preheat the oven to 425° F  and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Cut off one-third of each pepper lengthwise (see photos). Use a small spoon (a serrated grapefruit spoon works great) to scoop out the seeds and membranes from each pepper, and discard those pieces.

8. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, ¼ cup chopped cilantro and green onion, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Stir to combine.

9. Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture (you might have a small amount left over). Top each of the peppers with a small mound of cheese lengthwise.

10. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and starting to turn golden.

11. Meanwhile, place a big handful of chips in a food processor and process until the chips are broken into tiny pieces (or, you can crush them under a rolling pin). Stir the feta, if using, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of cilantro and green onion into the chips.

12. Transfer the jalapeño poppers to a large serving dish and top each pepper with the crushed chip mixture. Serve!

Yield: 12 peppers

Author Notes
STORAGE SUGGESTIONS: If you have leftovers (which is unlikely!), they keep well in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days. Gently reheat in the microwave or oven before serving.

PREPARE IN ADVANCE: I haven’t tried, this, but I believe you could stuff the peppers in advance and refrigerate for later. When it’s time to bake, top them with cheese and proceed as written.

Source: Cookie + Kate

Have a great day 

14 comments:

  1. I am so glad that she didn't walk off in your shoes and with your cane. That would have been carrying 'walk a mile in someone else's shoes' too far.
    This is the second blog in under a week which has featured that recipe. A sign to me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I Sue, she said my shoes were very comfortable. I'll give her comfortable!!!

      What a coincidence. They are pretty hot I believe.

      Delete
    2. Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficultto enlarge Penis is because they bedlieve on medicalreport, drugs and medical treatment which is nothelpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via WhatsApp : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enlarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.
































      Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,the reason why most people are finding it difficultto enlarge Penis is because they bedlieve on medicalreport, drugs and medical treatment which is nothelpful for Penis Enlargement . Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily Enlarge your Penis permanently Contact Dr Olu via Email : Drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or via WhatsApp : +2348140654426 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enlarge and Erect healthy. Thank you.












      Delete
    3. am from U..A.E I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him on his WhatApp number +2348140654426

      Delete
  2. I suspect that questions about the corona virus are going to be posed more frequently as the number of cases spreads around the world. I believe it has now officially been declared a pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess you are right David, a pandewmic, not yet surely.

      Delete
  3. recipe looks good except for the bbq chips. I can't stand them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as I said Jan, there are lots of recipes around. I will see what they ones from VSM are like.

      Delete
  4. At least she didn't walk out with your shoes and cane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, much thanks to her partner Alex. He knew which shoes she had worn even if she didn't.

      Delete
  5. Years ago, someone stole my son's pants from the locker room. He had to wear the coach's shorts home. He was so mad. Maybe your shoes were prettier than hers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised he was mad Liz. I was when I found out she had my shoes on. You'd think she would recognise her own shoes. Once I realised I knew my shoes instantly. ladydog said I should get some red shoes LOL.

      Delete
  6. That lady sounds like she has dementia because they often will take people clothing etc... and then claim it is theirs. It's that or she is a klepto, either way I would bring a bag and place my shoes in the bag and bring it with me. You don't need expensive shoes and a cane go missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Birgit. I thought much the same thing. I think I will keep a bag handy for when it is wet or snowy. When it's dry I can keep my shoes on until I get to my seat and then change my shoes. I must say I was a tad annoyed, to put it mildly. How anyone can forget what shoes they wore I don't know, unless, as you say, dementia.

      Delete