Thursday, May 11, 2017

Meter Case, Fire Alarm Testing, Bowling.

For those who expressed an interest, my new meter case is shown as follows:



It has a strap on the other side with a velcro fastening, I have't a clue what that is for. That little object at the top of the picture is the actual meter, quite small.

Wednesday morning they were testing the fire alarms, having been driven nuts every few minutes, I worked it out that there are 7 alarms on every floor and there are 9 floors. This does not include the basement and garage area. I have no idea what there is there. So, we decided to escape, guess where we went? Bowling of course. Didn't do a lot better there, some handicapped people making quite a lot of noise in one way or another!! My last game was great, I had 5 spares in a row. Made up for the first two games.

I phoned the asparagus farm on Wednesday morning and the farmer told me that they probably wouldn't have much until Friday. I have a few spears for my lunch today. Please no more frost.

This is another of my favourite asparagus recipes. Matt used to make them, but he doesn't cook these days and I am too scared of handling Phyllo pastry, which I have never done. Silly, if I make a mess of it, all I have to do is try again. OK, having written this, assuming I get asparagus on Friday, I am resolved to have a go.

Asparagus Phyllo Bundles

For one roll:
Phyllo - 1/2 sheet for 2 asparagus
2 stalks asparagus
Parmesan, grated

Brush phyllo with butter, sprinkle with Parmesan, place 2 asparagus in middle and roll. Place in baking dish, sprinkle more Parmesan and put in oven 375°F for 15 mins.

Yield: one roll:

Source: Paula Deen



Have a great day

12 comments:

  1. That must've been a pain having to listen to those fire alarms...glad you were able to escape!! I used phyllo dough once years ago for a recipe that I never made again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a pain JoJo, happens once a year. I have never used it and I really don't know why.

      Delete
  2. My wife hides when I test our alarm system. It's really loud, so I can only imagine that many going off at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame her Alex. The trouble is they all ring for every one of the alarms tested and with a minimum of 63 rings that ain't funny.

      Delete
  3. I had broccoli wrapped in phyllo a few weeks ago. It was delicious. I've never used phyllo either...and if you fear it, I know better than to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gives me an incentive to have a go next time I get some asparagus Liz, and assuming we don't have any more frost. In England, years ago, we used to call broccoli 'poor man's asparagus'.

      Delete
  4. Yuck to the fire alarms. They often go off at Heidehof where my mom is so that is even worse when you have a bunch of dementia patients getting freaked out. Glad you got away from that noise and went bowling...much better:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that would be a big problem Birgit. They, poor souls, can't get away from it.

      Delete
  5. No more frost. No more frost. No more frost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your mouth to mother nature's ear Ivy.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jo - love phyllo, love asparagus ... enjoy - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Hilary, just frightened to use it LOL.

      Delete