Buttery puff pastry, creamy brie, roasted asparagus, and sweet honey all come together in this simple, asparagus and brie puff pastry. These pastries are great for a Mother's Day brunch
Well, I just attended a little social gathering with a couple of friends in the building. We all happened to be in the lobby at the same time. So we had a little chat, the three of us, standing a good 6 ft. apart and the Super came past us twice, right through our distance!! Funny man. One friend said her neighbour died (no not from the virus but from falling) and she came to my wing to let my neighbour know and got shouted at by the woman at the end of the corridor who told her in no uncertain terms to get back to her own f****ing apartment. Some people are so nice!! Forgot to say, whilst I was downstairs, I got a dry cough and I was worried everyone would think I was sick.
Doesn't look like asparagus will be available this week after all. I spoke to the farmer today and he was talking about possible frost tonight and snow at the weekend. Not on my weather forecast. Possibly frosty tonight at -3°C but no snow on any forecast I looked at. Oh well, I guess it will be ready when it and the weather decide it is ready.
They are actually cutting the grass today, first time this year as far as I know. I don't remember hearing them before and much to my surprise, they didn't start til 8 this morning, the usually start at 7. I wonder if that will be the same all year or whether it is just that it is still pretty cool in the early morning.
We actually went for a drive today, it was a beautiful day. However, I intended to call at the liquor store on the way home - I forgot, they close at 4 these days. Twice I've missed out now. One day I will get some more fizz. Don't really need it til the weekend. I was very surprised just how much traffic there was today though, more than last time I was out. I thought people were supposed to be staying home!!!
Well, it will soon be time so here is an asparagus recipe. Must say I had forgotten this one, must get me some puff pastry.
Asparagus and Brie Puff Pastry
1 Tbs Thyme, fresh leaves
1/4 cup Honey
1 Kosher salt and pepper
1 pinch Red pepper flakes
1 Tbs Olive oil, extra virgin
2 sheets Puff pastry, frozen
8 cut into slices 8 ounces brie
2 Tbs Butter, salted
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
8 oz brie, cut into 8 slices
1 egg, beaten
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbs salted butter
1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss together the asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Roll the pastry sheets out on a floured surface and cut into 8 squares. Place a piece of brie on each square and then add a handful of asparagus. Take 2 corners of the pastry and wrap up and over the asparagus to enclose (see above photo). Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining squares. Brush each pastry with egg. Transfer to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, melt together the honey, butter, and thyme in a small saucepan over low heat.
5. Serve the pastries warm, drizzled with thyme honey and crushed red pepper. Enjoy
Yield: 8 pastries
Source: Half Baked Harvest
Have a great day, stay safe, stay well