Saturday, January 14, 2017

Saturday Recipe

This would appear to be a nice simple recipe, very quick to prepare.

"Take-Out" Orange Chicken

Enjoy takeout-style orange chicken—without having to tip the delivery guy! Your family will enjoy
this simple version just as much (if not more).

1/4 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
zest and 1/2 cup juice from 1 orange
2 Tbs honey
2 tsp minced gingerroot
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1 Tbs oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 each orange, red and yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 green onions, thinly sliced

1. Tap or click steps to mark as complete

2. Mix dressing, orange zest, juice, honey, ginger and crushed pepper until blended.

3. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and peppers; cook 5 to 6 min. or until chicken is done and peppers are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove chicken mixture from skillet; cover to keep warm.

4. Add dressing mixture to skillet; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until thickened. Stir in chicken mixture; cook and stir 2 min. Top with onions.

Servings: 4

Source: Kraft

Have a great weekend
 

8 comments:

  1. That sounds soooo good. I love making homemade Chinese food. It's a ton of work but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think this one looked like a ton of work JoJo. But yes, I agree, Chinese at home is great.

      Delete
  2. I love baking and cooking with ginger. Such great flavour. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Ivy. Using it in my Beef Bulgogi tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool beans. I'd not heard of Beef Bulgogi before. But I googled it and it does look good. We just finished homemade bread, broccoli, beans, rice, mixed greens and for Tim, cow meatloaf.

      Delete
    2. It tastes good too Ivy. I love you saying "cow" LOL.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jo,

    Apologies for my rather lengthy absence, although, despite little commenting from me, I have been sharing your posts via the various social networks.

    That is just the sort of recipe I love. Ginger is one of my favourite ingredients.

    Wishing you a peaceful rest of your weekend, Jo.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you when you do pop in Gary. Glad you have been reading now and again though. Me too, love ginger.

      Thanks. All the best to you too.

      Delete