Friday, June 26, 2015

WEP, Safety Truck.

I have been asked to help spread the word that Denise Covey and Yolanda Renée are bringing back the Write... Edit... Publish... Bloghop. The big announcement will be on Denise's blog going live Monday night. This is the badge they are using. They are obviously hoping as many people as possible will take part.



What a great idea. Samsung have introduced a Safety truck. The truck has a camera at the front which shows a picture on four screens at the back of the truck permitting a driver to see the road ahead and to know when to pass safely.


Here is another Half Hour Meal. I have to say I think these recipes are a bit stingy on the asparagus.

Spring Chicken Roll-Ups

  • Serves: 4

Description

Spring Chicken Roll-UpsSalty ham, earthy asparagus, and tangy provolone serve as the filling for chicken cutlets in this quick and delicious recipe. The presentation is pretty enough for company, but the recipe is easy enough for a weeknight meal.

Ingredients

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 thin slices provolone cheese
4 thin slices deli ham
12 thin spears asparagus, trimmed
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

Preparation

1. Heat an inch of water in a high-sided skillet until simmering. Add asparagus spears and sprinkle with salt. Simmer for two minutes. Set aside.

2. Meanwhile, halve the chicken breasts horizontally, separating each into 2 cutlets. Place the cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper and pound to 1/8-inch thickness.

3. Arrange the cutlets on work surface. Season them with salt and pepper on the side facing up. Cover each piece of chicken with 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of ham. Starting on 1 long side of the breast, place a bundle of 3 asparagus spears. Wrap and roll the chicken around the asparagus. Repeat with remaining 3 cutlets. Season the outside of the roll-ups with salt and pepper.

4. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken roll-ups to the skillet with the seam side down. Cover the pan loosely with foil and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the roll-ups over and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, uncovered. Serve immediately.


Have a great day

33 comments:

  1. My husband would never touch asparagus, but I wonder if that recipe would work with spinach rolled up in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Diane, it's so good for him. I guess it would work with spinach except it doesn't hold it's shape very long. Collards maybe?

      Delete
  2. As you know my husband is a trucker. I showed him this truck and we both agreed that the driver behind would possibly get mesmerized by what they were watching and forget that it was on the back of a truck, and possibly rearend it. I know when the minivans with TV screens first hit the roads, I would find myself staring through the back windows at the screens instead of paying attention to whether or not they were braking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that JoJo, but I wouldn't suppose that would happen. Once you can see the road is clear you would overtake and be past it.

      Whenever I think of Russell I think of him trucking lobsters. My favourite food.

      Delete
  3. I would find that truck very distracting. It is so dangerous passing on those two lane highways so I can see the upside of it.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the first time you saw it Susan, but after that... I think it's a great idea.

      Delete
  4. This recipe sounds very good. Last time I looked for the farmers asparagus, they were all out. I hope our season isn't done. I think that truck is quite interesting as long as we don't give it more attention than it needs. Sure would be nice to not pull over in left lane looking for oncoming traffic, so we can pass those semis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go direct to the farm dynnamae, they are never out, or never have been in my experience. I realise not everyone has the luxury of going directly to the farm which is a pity as it's so much better. I think it's a great idea, as far as I know there is only one for a try out. We will see, no doubt, what the reports say.

      Delete
  5. Those chicken roll ups look delicious! Might have to make them this weekend. I like the idea of that truck. Big trucks like that always scare me when I'm driving; wondering if they can see me, etc. Great concept!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look good Betty. I like the truck idea too.

      Delete
  6. Safety on the highway is very important. I hope the extra eyes help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool idea for the back of a truck, but I bet it's expensive. Samsung television buyers, that is what you are paying for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Alex. No doubt it is expensive but if it helps save lives.

      Delete
  8. The truck is an excellent idea. What will they come up with next?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise and Yolanda rock, so I will check out that blog hop (although I do think they are a dying breed... the Hop, NOT the sweet, kind and healthy ladies!!!!)

    I love the idea of that truck... and I KNOW I *would* rear end it.. as I have a habit (one time) of rear-ending trucks without giant TV screens...

    PS... enough of the smelly-pee making veggie... I'm with Diane... Spinach for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the hops Mork. You are right about Denise and Yolanda being nice people though.

      Suggest you keep away from the rear end of trucks - I think this might stop you perhaps unless you mistake the picture for the actual road.

      They stop selling it next week and then the recipes will change.

      Delete
  10. Hi Jo - love asparagus and will only eat it in season .. it's finished here now - sad, but I did eat loads of it ... so good for you too.

    Good for Denise and Yolanda - I'll have to check out the hop .. as I'm not going to get back to blog properly til September ...

    That truck looks a great idea - but can see the challenge it might create - and I have no wish to be truck-ended! But it would be helpful to be able to see in front on a number of occasions.

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Hilary. I have frozen a biggish batch and hope it works better than last year. I will be going to the farm on Monday or Tuesday and that will be it. Withdrawal time for me.

      Hope you are enjoying your summer - we haven't had much of one yet.

      I think the truck is an excellent idea, but not everyone agrees.

      Delete
  11. That truck seems like a good idea. Not sure how it'll work out in the long run. The outside is no place for a tv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great to be able to see past the truck Guy.

      Delete
  12. Last night we were driving home and the car in front of us was all over the place. My gosh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not funny Ivy. In fact pretty scary.

      Delete
    2. It's not funny at all. It's flippin' nuts. Often, I see people texting when they drive and I just don't get it. Who cares who is on the phone? Drive the bloody car.

      Makes me angry.

      Delete
    3. I'm in 100% agreement with you Ivy, It's against the law here, but people are still stupid enough to do it.

      Delete
  13. I like the idea of the truck picture but I bet it's not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't suppose it is Birgit. I don't think we will see a load of trucks with it any time soon.

      Delete
  14. Thanks Jo, appreciate the shout out. It's only called a Hop because the folks who participate visit each others blog to comment on the writing, but it's a bit more as we'll be offering challenges every other month. It's a commitment, like the IWSG, but full of fun for the writer wanting to tighten their writing, plus there are prizes!

    That truck is a bit distracting, and I agree escaping is a shot in the dark, but if I were locked up - it's what I'd do. Do the crime pay with time!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Yolanda. Sounds fun although I am not a writer.

      Distracting maybe, helpful definitely.

      Delete