Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday

I was so involved in finishing a beta read for one friend and reading the novel written by another, I forgot to post this.

This comes from Half Hour Meals and would certainly be very quick to throw together.

Asparagus Farfalle

Asparagus Pasta
By:

  • Serves: 4


A very simple and quick recipe. Good for lunchboxes, weekday dinners and picnics.

Ingredients

100 g (roughly 4 oz.) pasta
8 spears asparagus stalks (only 8??)
mint-infused extra virgin olive oil
olive oil
salt
black pepper
Parmesan

Preparation

1. Trim woody ends from asparagus stalks and toss in olive oil, salt and black pepper.
2. Heat griddle pan until hot and cook asparagus on it until seared and cooked through.
3. In a separate pan, heat some water until boiling. Add some salt and cook pasta according to instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse under running water.
4. Cut heads off asparagus and slice the remaining into thin rounds.
5. Toss asparagus and pasta together with a good drizzle of mint oil, salt and pepper. Top with shavings of parmesan cheese.

Have a great day
 

16 comments:

  1. I think you might need to call AA - Asparagus Anonymous - soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah I just go into withdrawal when the season ends. Sounds hot in your neck of the woods.

      Delete
  2. Oh that does sound good. I can't wait for asparagus season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't got as long to wait as I do. After next week, it will be another year.

      Delete
  3. I think we made something similar one time, but the recipe also included chicken. I do remember it was very tasty!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eight???? Oh I think not.....it needs way more than 8!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Need to get some farfalle though Ivy, don't have any at the moment. I love eating it, not sure why, pasta is pasta after all.

      Delete
    2. I call them bow-ties and once I made homemade ones. It was super duper fun to make them. I like all the different shapes though, keeps things interesting.

      Delete
    3. I agree with you about the different shapes Ivy. Some hold sauces better than others too. Never tried making pasta.

      Delete
  6. I agree with Alex above. Is it possible to overdose on asparagus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not Pinky. The season is nearly over now anyway. Next week will be my final purchase for the year.

      Delete