In line with my asparagus theme, this one is from Closet Cooking and looks absolutely delicious.
Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Roasted asparagus and tomatoes covered in melted parmesan and drizzled with a balsamic reduction.
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil, sliced
- Toss the asparagus and tomatoes in the oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet in a single layer, sprinkle on the parmesan and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until they start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Meanwhile, simmer the balsamic vinegar until it starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the asparagus and tomatoes warm drizzled with the balsamic vinegar and garnished with the fresh basil.
Have a great weekend