Friday, November 22, 2019

Unwell Again, Mandarin, Boo-Boo Plants, Cooking

Would you believe, having got over my stint with IBS, I then felt sick and dizzy most of the day. No idea why. I had a touch of a headache too and wondered if I was heading for a migraine but didn't thank goodness. Boring. So, of course, having intended to go bowling this afternoon for a while, I ended up sleeping the time away. Missed the exercise classes too this week. Will have to make up for it next week.

Friday we are going to lunch at Mandarin with ladydog for her birthday. Haven't been there for quite a while - think I mentioned. Had some onion soup today which was tasteless so am looking forward to Mandarin's Hot and Sour Soup. It is the best I have ever tasted.

By the way, I have been keeping up with my Spanish every day. Seem to end up doing it late at night.

Have you come across Boo-Boo Plants? I got an ad from them, in the mail I think. Looked them up today, they are cute. Thinking of giving some as presents. On their website you can see more of these tiny plants in their miniature terrariums.



Now I will have to do my chicken breasts dump and go recipe. Of course, we don't have Target any more (didn't catch on round here) so I just use a Barbecue sauce I can get here. I also used peppers and onions this time. We both enjoyed it and have leftovers for another day. This time I did rice, next time I may well to cauliflower rice. It is so very easy.

INSTANT POT HAWAIIAN BBQ CHICKEN

4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts (mine were still frozen!)
1 Bottle Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce (from Target)
1 20 oz can Pineapple Chunks (do not drain - you need the juice so it will pressurize!)

1. Place frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot and cover with sauce. Empty can of pineapple chunks and juice on top. Close the lid and turn the knob to SEALING.

2. Set the timer to 25 minutes if your chicken is frozen or 18 if you chicken is thawed.

3. When it is done, turn the knob to VENTING. When the pressure is released, take the lid off.

4. Shred chicken and return to the Instant Pot so the chicken will be well coated with sauce. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.

5. Sometimes I also throw in a chopped up green pepper and chopped onion . . . it tastes good with or without it.

 Source: Six Sisters

Have a great day
 

9 comments:

  1. Have they checked your Vitamin B levels? I think it's vitamin B. A lot of people in my family have IBS and other bowel troubles and the lack of proper digestion often leaves us low on iron and vitamins.

    I hope you feel better! Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am on iron pills after that episode with low glycemia Liz. Not sure about B although I do take a multi vitamin every day.
      thanks.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it's time for you to pamper yourself. You have been pretty busy lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how I would do that Denise, sounds good though. Meeting with one or some of the Alzheimer group on Wednesday. That might be good.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of boo-boo plants.
    Sorry you're unwell again.
    That sucks.
    Hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are rather fun and somewhat unusual Ivy.

      I know, it's a bore. I'm OK at the moment, just been to the Mandarin with Ladydog.

      Delete
  4. Sorry you've had a rough few days. Those tiny plants look like an idea for those people I never know what to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I thought much the same thing about the plants

      Delete