Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Bowling. Chicken Soup,

Well, another disastrous day at bowling. I have no idea why but for two weeks now I have bowled extremely badly and today I felt both tired and depressed and for two pins would have given up bowling completely.

Outside it was blowing really hard and was very cold. I hadn't worn gloves which didn't help so I really felt like some chicken soup. When I got home I had a quick tour of internet recipes and then basically chucked a whole load of vegetables, I sauteed the onions, such as carrots, leeks, garlic, and so on into my Instant Pot plus some frozen chicken thighs ( the big ones I got from Victoria Market which I still believe are from an ostrich) and let 'er rip for 25 minutes. Oh, forgot, I added a can of Rotel tomatoes to the mix which added some extra flavour. It turned out to be delicious and we both enjoyed it. I love my Instant Pot.

Anyway, sorry, but I am tired tonight so that's it from me.

Have a great day
 

2 comments:

  1. It's cold and rainy here and our heater is broken until the part comes in. Chicken soup sounds great, but I'm not sure I'd have as good of results by chucking the veggies in my pot as you did.

    I went bowling this summer. I had one awesome game and then stunk up the place the rest of the time. I was gutter ball queen. The more I worried, the worse I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, winter has definitely set in round here. I am sure you would Liz, I did put them in my small processor for a quick whiz first.

      Of course you are talking 10 pin whereas we do 5 pin which is a Canadian game. I think you are right about worrying making it worse, I was certainly worrying yesterday and getting more and more depressed about it.

      Delete