Monday, August 27, 2012

Prince Harry, Neil Armstrong, Sammy’s

I am disgusted by the behaviour of everyone with regard to Prince Harry’s nude pictures. IRoyalsn the first place I think its terrible that anyone should accept his hospitality and then repay it with betrayal, selling such pictures of him for money. Then to distort family pictures showing the queen in them and adding a nude picture behind her is, in my opinion, not funny, its disrespectful and extremely distasteful. Maybe  your grandmother would enjoy family pictures distorted in such a way?  No, its not a joke. I am also surprised at my friends who have posted or shared the picture which is currently on Facebook. Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I see nothing humourous about any of this. At the same time, I see nothing wrong with Prince Harry ending up nude after a game of strip poker, I just think people are making too much of it that’s all. If I’m not mistaken this was Charles and Camilla’s wedding day, would you like someone to do that to your wedding pix?

I was sorry to hear of the death of Neil Armstrong on Saturday, all of us, who are Armstrongold enough, remember him hopping around on the moon and saying his famous “One small step for man, one giant step for mankind” speech. What an exciting day that was. We really haven’t progressed that far since then and now the US space explorations have shut down anyway. They are spending too much on wars to have money for space. Pity.

Personally I have had a lousy few days health wise, but like to believe I am on the Sammy's Seafoodmend now. Sorry about the lack of blog on Saturday Our winter league bowling starts today but then we only bowl a couple of times and take three weeks off to go dahn sahth, although we are actually only away for 2 weeks. There is a new seafood restaurant I want to try on the waterfront in Morehead City, looks really good and advertises that all their fish is fairly local. Its Sammy’s Seafood House and Oyster Bar. The picture is of all fried food but I assume they serve steamed or pan fried as well. We shall see. I will definitely check out their oyster bar. I can chuck oysters down my throat as fast as anyone, I love ‘em. My parents would have been staggered because I wouldn’t touch them as a young woman, even up to much later years; can’t remember what started me liking them now, it was having them steamed I know, and in the Carolinas too, but when it happened, I haven’t a clue. Once we are in the Carolinas I am not sure how many blogs I will post as the cottage we are renting doesn’t have wifi. The realtor does, but they are not that close.

Now this recipe really appealed to me and I will certainly give it a go next time I host a dinner party. I found it on Cooking.com

Steak-and-Boursin-Wrapped Bells

Source: © EatingWell MagazineSteak Boursin Bells

16 pieces

Click here to find out more!For an even quicker preparation, try deli roast beef.
INGREDIENTS

16 thin slices grilled steak, such as filet mignon (about 8 ounces)

1 cup light Boursin cheese, divided

4 ounces thinly sliced bell pepper

DIRECTIONS

Spread each steak slice with 1 teaspoon Boursin cheese and top with bell pepper slices. Roll the steak around the bell pepper slices.

Have a great day

Jo

8 comments:

  1. That dish almost looks like little Thanksgiving turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does a bit doesn't it. Wish you could try it. I won't have time before we go away I don't think.

      Delete
  2. Some people have too much Internet access time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess I fall into that category Alex, but I know what you mean.

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with your comments about the Prince Harry episode Jo - as do most Brits I believe. I've been 'off internet' for a couple of days so haven't seen the altered images but that really is scraping the barrel. I blame our media for constantly sensationalising everything to the extent we get bombarded with pictures and headlines everywhere, even if we don't buy their dreadful papers!

    Sorry you've not been feeling well and hope you're on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess you are on you are on your island now Sue. We will be off in a couple of weeks.

      Thanks for the food wishes, better but not 100% yet.

      Delete
  4. Jo, good manners dictate that what happens while visiting someone's home stays there. Especially embarrassing your host--not only bad manners but in poor taste. No it's not funny. Yes, Harry has a right to do silly things and for sure if you lose at strip poker you're going to be naked, lol! Boys are boys, regardless of nationality or position in the world.

    Enjoy your time in the Carolinas. I envy you being able to go to a good seafood restaurant. East Coast has some great seafood!

    Sia McKye's Thoughts...OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so agree with you Sia. You are not on Facebook but that picture above has been photoshopped to show Harry without any clothes on.

      Come and join us in the Carolinas!!!

      Delete