Friday, January 17, 2020

Thursday, Parcels,

Today has actually been a quiet day with nobody calling much other than the LHIN woman who came the other day, to give me an update on progress. However, Matt has slept most of it. He seems to have been somewhat confused most of the day, when he was awake that is, but by supper time he was somewhat better. Bit of a confusing day for me too.

All kinds of parcels arrived today as well, the Pirouline Wafers which I ordered and shouldn't have, the bag of 16 bean soup, and the DVD of Kismet. When I saw it the other day on TCM I couldn't resist sending for it. Odd actually, the items from Amazon were left at my door, remember, we live in an apartment building, I am not sure how they got in (or who let them in more like) but I was somewhat surprised that two parcels, arriving at separate times, were left at our door. I don't mind that, but I am concerned someone let these people in.

So, not a lot to talk about today, sorry, the Social Worker comes at 10:30 today and then later, of course, I have exercise class.

Looking for a recipe, I came across Baked Custard which I haven't made in years and have always enjoyed. Decided I should make it again. They used to serve it in the local hospital where we lived in the UK and I remember a friend was in hospital and I used to eat her custard because she didn't like it.

Baked Custard

3 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
2 1/2 cups very warm milk (120°F to 130°F)
Ground nutmeg

1. Heat oven to 350°F.

2. In medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt with wire whisk or fork. Gradually stir in milk. Pour into six 6-ounce custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

3. Place cups in 13x9-inch pan on oven rack. Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of tops of cups (see box, below).

4. Bake about 45 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Remove cups from water. Cool about 30 minutes. Unmold and serve warm, or refrigerate and unmold before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.

Servings: 6

Source: Betty Crocker

Have a great day
 

3 comments:

  1. About time you had a quiet day.
    Baked custard? It is years since I have had it and I always liked it. Baked rice pudding was another favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it Sue?

      Me too, I have a recipe for Almond Rice Pudding which is done in a saucepan and which I like very much. It's on my blog somewhere.

      Delete
    2. am from U..A.E I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Olu herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him on his WhatApp number +2348140654426

      Delete