Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fall Foliage and Jacarandas. Bowling.

Denise at Yes Virginia There is Life After Retirement posted fall colours from her garden so I thought I would take a few pix of the park outside our window.






 At least we don't have to rake up the leaves.

Then there is this fabulous picture from Australia showing Jacaranda Trees.



It was Monday again, and I bowled an average game. Better than below average I guess. Thursday is our Travel League.

Here's something I have  never heard of before, from Kraft Kitchens. Yes I know, noodles again.

Shrimp Stroganoff

Serves 10

If you like stroganoff and shrimp, this entrée has your name written all over it. It's packed with noodles, broccoli and shrimp—not to mention flavor!

3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
4 cups small broccoli florettes
1 lb Velveeta cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of shrimp soup
1 cup Sour Cream
1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

Cook noodles in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 5 min. Meanwhile, cook VELVEETA, soup and sour cream in separate saucepan on low heat 8 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally.

Drain pasta mixture; place in 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with shrimp. Pour VELVEETA sauce over pasta mixture; cover.

Bake 25 min. or until heated through; stir.


Have a great day
 

20 comments:

  1. When I purchased this lot for my house, there were plans for the 5-acre park behind me. Now 40+ years later, all the ash trees are gone and I have a fence to keep out deer which messes up my view of the open space. You have a lovely view from your apartment and I envy that. Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pity about that Denise. I know what trouble you have with animals. We think we are lucky with "our backyard" too.

      Delete
  2. You have some great colors there.
    Purple-blue leaves. Now that is wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are great and not at their peak any more Alex. I love the Jacarandas.

      Delete
  3. Yum on that shrimp stroganoff. Always say I haven't met a pasta or a potato that I didn't like :)

    Such pretty colors of the leaves!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different isn't t Betty.

      The colours are beautiful I think.

      Delete
  4. I miss shrimp. I love it and I've almost eaten some but I get such a rash. :( Those jacaranda trees are amazing. Wish they grew around here. The leaves are that shade of purple or are those the blossoms?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better than average sounds good. Love shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures you took-Isn't Fall beautiful? :) Those Jacaranda trees are amazing!! Can they grow here at all or can they be out of Australia?? I love those trees with those flowers-wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful Birgit, and we are so lucky where we live.

      I don't know if they grow over here, never seen them. I think they are gorgeous.

      Delete
  7. The photo's showing the fall foliage are lovely - a beautiful time of year.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours can be absolutely stupendous - these pix are slightly past their best unfortunately.

    Thanks, Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummm! oh my, my favorite pics are fall ones! thanks so much for sharing them, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them Tammy. It's only a small park, but it's particularly great at this time of year.

      Delete
  10. Love your pictures, I keep planning to take some and then get distracted - write! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I don't write Yolanda, I do know what you mean. I meant to take these pix earlier whilst there were more leaves still on the trees.

      Delete