Friday, October 2, 2015

Pre Op., Shooting.

Because we couldn't go bowling Thursday, we went Wednesday afternoon. Probably the last time Matt can bowl for a couple of weeks.

Just to keep you up to date, today we went for lunch at the Mandarin, our favourite Chinese buffet. Because it was World Senior's Day they were offering people, over 65, a meal at 50% off. Went with a couple of bowling friends and had a pretty good meal, guess who stuffed themselves again. I do so like the food they provide and of course the Moon Festival is still on so I could get Moon Cake along with all the other specials.

Then we went to the hospital where Matt is having his op tomorrow. Today was the pre-op. We were there from 1:30 to around 3:30 !!!! Matt was questioned, poked and prodded, well they did blood work and an ECG. He also saw the anesthetist. I spelt that the American way at the insistence of spell checker, but it doesn't look right to me. Meanwhile, I have a raging sore throat and during all this time didn't have a drink of anything to moisten it, did I ever need something. Bought a coffee as we left which helped.

Tomorrow at 12:30 we have to report for the op at 2 p.m.? I guess that is another $12 in the parking lot. Above is the hospital as it was. Unrecognisable now though as they are totally rebuilding the place, makes it difficult to find one's way around.

Dreadful shooting in Oregon. Saw the report in the hospital. Enjoy your guns America.

Sorry everyone, no recipe today.


Have a great day
 

22 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - hope all goes well for you and Matt, particularly. Take care and all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. For me it's going to be a boring afternoon I think. Just waiting around.

      Delete
  2. I wish Matt every good wish for his op. Drink lots of coffee while you're waiting.
    That was another dreadful shooting in the US. Love your comment: 'Enjoy your guns America.' How many times does Obama come on TV and beg for a reconsideration of the 'right' to bear arms. Ugh! So sad. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, and I will be drinking lots of coffee don't worry. It is terrible about the shooting, been on the news all morning, sounds like some religious nut as he asked the kids for their religion and if they were a Christian said well I am not going to send you to meet God or something like that.

      Delete
  3. Prayers for Matt today. I still can't believe your hospital charges for parking.
    Terrible tragedy what happened in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I am just glad it's not in Toronto, I understand the parking costs there are horrendous. Bad enough round here.

      It is a terrible tragedy.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I Hope all goes well for Matt, and that you take some water with you to keep your throat moist. The AC in hospitals is terribly drying. Oh lord, and the NRA is having a field day with this "newest" shooting, claiming that if the police had sported MORE GUNS, this wouldn't have happened. Riiight. Like that's been proven to be true in all the OTHER campus shootings!!! Sorry. Venting. Let us know when Matt is out and how he's doing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, you can probably appreciate how I feel about the shooting bearing in mind that I come from a non gun society and live in another.

      Delete
  5. Hope all goes well with Matt, and take care of that throat!
    Looks like the Hurricane is going to miss us, so glad!
    As for guns in America - I'm ready to leave!! Canada, or Australia would be just fine with me. These people here, are nuts, pure and simple. The reason they can't keep the crazy from the guns, is because the crazy all ready have them. They are the carrying, selling, and fighting for gun rights! Idiots, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yolanda - my throat is a bit better and Matt is home having to be bullied to keep his legs up in the air.

      I agree 100% with your opinion on guns.

      Delete
  6. Wishing your hubby well. Never been to a hospital that charges for parking. As for enjoying guns, I don't. Thank you very much. These things are sad and should never happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy. All our hospitals charge for parking. I do so agree about the guns.

      Delete
    2. Wow, they all do that.

      We have these dumb meters in town. And it makes it hard for women to shop during the day, because the meter guy is a real plunker. So what ends up, the women drive 30 miles out of town to get to a full range of stores.

      Town is more intersting in charging to park than keeping the local businesses a float.

      Delete
    3. Ridiculous isn't it? Trouble is, Ivy, at he hospital, they have you over a barrel. At least where we live the shopping malls have free parking.

      Delete
  7. Good luck Matt!!!!!! Sorry about your sore throat though, I hope it's temporary and you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo. My throat is a bit better today.

      Delete
  8. Feel better soon. Hope things go well with Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck to Matt. Yes. When is America going to introduce gun laws? I feel sorry for Obama as I think he's frustrated and powerless against the gun lobby. He seems to really want to make changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pinky. As for gun laws, goodness knows but if you talk to many Americans they say they will only lose their guns over their dead bodies.

      Delete
  10. Please pass on my best wishes to Matt, Jo. Our hospitals have recently upped their parking fees so I sympathise about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says thanks Helen. Well, that's $24 in two days but it could be worse. What people do when they have someone with long term stays, I can't imagine.

      Delete