Saturday, October 10, 2015

Saturday Recipe

I found this recipe on Food and thought it looked interesting and somewhat different for supper

Bennigan's Chicken Quesadilla


  • Servings: 4

About This Recipe

"I got this recipe from recipegoldmine.com and enjoyed it so much I wanted to share it. These were so easy, and as a novice cook, I was surprised to find the finished product was restaurant quality. I added the Pace Cilantro Salsa to the original recipe."

Ingredients

  • 8 flour tortillas
  • 1 large ripe tomatoes
  • 1/2 onion
  • spreadable butter
  • 1 lb mozzarella cheddar blend cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 package old el paso fajita seasoning mix
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
  • pace cilantro salsa, to taste

Directions

  1. Fry chicken in a pan coated with cooking spray or olive oil.
  2. After chicken is cooked, add water and seasoning to the pan.
  3. Sauce will thicken slightly after a few minutes.
  4. Set the chicken and sauce aside while preparing the other ingredients.
  5. Butter one side of all the tortillas and set aside.
  6. Dice the tomato and the onion, mix and also set aside.
  7. Place a tortilla, buttered side down, on hot pan or griddle.
  8. Layer ingredient in the following order on the tortilla: cheese, chicken and sauce, tomato/onion mixture, cheese, salsa.
  9. Top with another tortilla, buttered side up.
  10. Once the cheese starts to bubble from the sides of the quesadilla it typically is time to flip it.
  11. Be careful to keep everything together while flipping.
  12. I used a spatula underneath (in one hand) and some tongs to hold the quesadilla together (in the other hand) and flipped quickly.
  1. Shell should be crunchy and a golden color.
  2. If you find that the quesadilla is semi plump in the center, simply press down with spatula once you have flipped it.
  3. Let stand for a few moments and then cut into quarters, serve with your choice of sour cream, guacamole or salsa for dipping.

Have a great weekend
 

19 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I love quesadillas but I haven't mastered the art of cutting them yet. I have never stacked the tortillas, I always use one big one and fold it over. I also have one of those spatulas that grabs things for easy flipping. It has the bottom regular spatula part and then an upper piece that you press down with the handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made them at all JoJo. Maybe I will try as this sounds good. Your spatula sound a useful gadget.

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious! I bet good for a family!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to try this one, though my favourite is Spinach! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jo,

    That does look tasty. Have a peaceful Thanksgiving, my friend.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary, had a friend in for dinner tonight and worked my butt off but it all went well. Do they celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK yet (other than the harvest festival in church that is).

      Delete
  6. Looks and sounds delicious!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I made a flatbread for Tim yesterday. Love those things because we can use them for so many different meals.

      Delete
    2. Very versatile. I don't make breads of any kind any more Ivy. Most of it would be eaten by the wrong person I'm afraid.

      Delete
    3. How about a flatbread made of seeds?

      Delete
    4. I don't know Ivy, I have never used seeds like you do.

      Delete
    5. So YUMMY :-)

      Off to have my soup now. Enjoy your day and boogie boogie.

      Delete