Saturday, October 24, 2015

Saturday Recipe

This is a recipe I got from a bowling friend. I have posted it before I think, but it is what I decided to do for supper tonight. I'm not quite sure where that picture came from. I think I will take my own pic tonight and substitute it.

Pork Tenderloin in Slow Cooker

1 (2 lb) tenderloin
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
3 Tbs minced garlic
3 Tbs soy sauce
Black pepper

1. Place meat in slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet.

2. Pour water, wine and soy sauce over the top, turning the meat to coat. Spread garlic over the pork.

3. Cover and cook. Low 4 to 4 1/4 hours, serve with cooking liquid on the side as 'au jus'

Servings: 4

Have a great weekend
 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,

    That looks scrumptious! Love some pork tenderloin. I could do that recipe minus the red wine because I cannot consume alcohol.

    Sorry about my absence. You have a great weekend.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try it. Be sure to use a good stock in place of the wine. Something which will assist the flavour. I've seen you around.

      Delete
  2. That sounds soooo good. I will have to make this. If only pork didn't cost so much (all meat is expensive).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know JoJo. I have noticed that what we spend on groceries has increased by leaps and bounds. Needless to say, our pensions have not.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy. It is cooking away right now.

      Delete
    2. How was it?

      We're doing marylands today, hydrated millet, roasted carrots, onions and garlic with dripping gravy. No starter or dessert today, as we might hit Barnes after and Tim will have his caramel drink and I'll have my mint tea and from home, 100 percent cacao.

      What's on your menu for today?

      Delete
    3. It was very good thanks Ivy. As for today, leftovers. Or what the French call Réchauffé.

      Delete
  4. Yumm and it sounds nice and quick and easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Birgit, apart from squishing all that garlic.

      Delete
  5. That does look delicious! Hope your weekend was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not exactly fabulous Yolanda, but pleasant.

      Delete
  6. That looks great! I love crock pot meals, especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Danielle. you can basically chuck everything in and forget it.

      Delete