Friday, November 18, 2011

Cards, Kindle, Palace Rentals

CardsI spent most of Thursday doing Christmas cards. It’s a long process, but apart from folding the cards, it can be fun. I print cards I have designed, then I print Christmas address labels and return address labels. In some ways its lazy because I don’t sign the cards by hand, on the other hand, its better than ecards which I also send. Matt got stuck with the job of folding, whilst I did everything else, I then have to work out what stamps I need for which countries.

Much to my amazement, my new Kindle arrived at Kindle Keyboardlunchtime yesterday.I wasn’t expecting it until today at the earliest. That’s pretty speedy. I was thinking about staying home from bowling today in order not to miss its arrival, now I don’t have to. It took me a while to load everything back, doesn’t it always? All the books from Amazon had to be re-sent, but all the ones I had bought from Fictionwise and then emailed through Amazon I saved on my PC and then moved back without any problems. These days mine is called the Kindle Keyboard, there are cheaper Kindles without any keys on them. I understand they are lighter in weight too although I certainly don't find my device heavy. This new one does work with earphones which was the hole point of the exchange and I decided to download some music to it this time as well. I can listen to music whilst I read.

St. JamesIncredible, the Queen has given permission for apartments at St. James’ Palace to be rented out as party venues during the summer Olympics of 2012. They are talking about fees of $48,000 a day and the apartments will be let to companies with affiliations to the royal family. When I first saw the headline,  I thought they were referring to Buckingham Palace, wouldn’t that be something?

I nearly forgot to mention that we had one of my Tourtières for supper last night, a quarter each so there is another meal this evening, and I thought it was delicious, naturally, I made it, LOL

Hershey’s recipe today sounds absolutely scrumptious and might make a different dessert either for Thanksgiving or for Christmas.

Peanut Butter Cup Lover's Cheesecake

IngredientsPeanut Butter Cup Lovers Cheesecake

PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
1-3/4 cups (about 11 to 12 standard) REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups
3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/3 cup dairy sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Additional REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups (optional)

Directions

  1. 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups. Cut each cup into about 16 pieces.
  2. 2 Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy in large bowl. Add eggs, beating well. Add sour cream and vanilla; blend thoroughly.
    Place 2 cups batter in separate bowl; blend in melted chocolate. Pour chocolate batter into prepared pan. Add peanut butter to remaining batter; blend thoroughly. Gently stir in peanut butter cup pieces; spread over chocolate batter.
  3. 3 Bake 10 minutes. Without opening oven door, reduce temperature to 350°F. Bake additional 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
  4. 4 Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Just before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream and additional peanut butter cup pieces, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. 10 to 12 servings.
    PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST: Stir together 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed) and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in medium bowl. Place 1/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter and 3 tablespoons butter or margarine in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds or until butter is melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Add to crumb mixture, blending thoroughly. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
Have a great day
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment