Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Bowling, Visa, Rain, Shopping,

So, having boasted about my bowling games last week, this week I am now crying. I had appalling games today. Kind of knew I would because they were so good last week. In the end I dropped 1 point on my average. Mind you, we were also bowling against one of the best teams.

Gas was pretty low priced today, for us that is, $1.02.9 so I stopped and filled up. Trouble was my Visa wouldn't work in the pumps. I have been using it here and there and it wouldn't tap so I had to insert the card. I guess I need to get in touch with my bank. Pain in the butt. Thinking about it I could probably use Matt's car instead. Dead cert he never uses it any more.

It was raining all day today, well until the evening, and I was hoping I would get another free car wash, but it wasn't enough to do the trick. If anything it kind of turned the dust into mud. However, I did buy another car wash so when the weather is fine, when being the operative word.

Foot nurse tomorrow, then I have to shove some lunch down my throat because they are picking me up to go collect my shopping. Could perhaps wait but my body is used to eating at 11:45, give or take, and I start feeling a bit nauseous if I don't eat. Stupid, but there it is.

I'm always looking for something different to do for breakfast, unlike Matt who eats the same cereal every morning and has done so for years.

Breakfast Burrito

How many lunchrooms have disgusting Taco Tuesdays?" asks chef Spike Mendelsohn. As an
alternative, he stuffs burritos with scrambled eggs (lightened with egg whites), feta, turkey bacon and spinach.

1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
4 slices of turkey bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
2 packed cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
Kosher salt
4 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 Tbs snipped chives
4 8-inch, whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
4 red leaf lettuce leaves

1. In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the red onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey bacon and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt. Wipe out the skillet.

2. In a bowl, whisk the whole eggs and egg whites and season with salt. Heat the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in the skillet. Add the eggs and cook over moderate heat, stirring gently, until set, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the bacon mixture, feta and chives.

3. Spoon the egg mixture down the center of each tortilla and top with the lettuce. Fold in the sides of the tortillas, then fold the bottom of the tortillas over the filling and continue to roll until the filling is enclosed. Cut the burritos in half and serve

Servings: 4

Source: Food and wine

Have a great day

 

8 comments:

  1. We have rain forecast for late tonight and for the next few days. I have my fingers and toes crossed the predictions are accurate.
    Sigh on the bowling game. A better one next week? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be wonderful if you do get the rain Sue. It will help heal the land. Have they yet established if any species has been totally lost? Or is it too early?

      I hope so too.

      Delete
    2. Still too early, but danger flags are being raised.

      Delete
    3. It is terrible to think of species being totally lost and in such a way Sue.

      Delete
  2. I am afraid I am like, Matt, I eat a bowl of the same cereal almost every morning. It was good to have the grandchildren visit recently when they requested pancakes and sausage. Haven't been out for breakfast in ages. Maybe it's time......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been out for breakfast in years David. Used to go to Shoney's in the States where they had a buffet. It was very good especially when one was travelling. Actually I think there is a place just up the road from me which is well known for breakfasts, can't think of the name right now.

      Delete
  3. You can probably guess I am not a meal skipper. I get a little light headed along with the stomach ache. But it doesn't have to be much- a handful of almonds can hold me until the next meal.

    Sorry about the bowling score. I always say that when I brag, the universe comes right back and humbles me. It's because we're so perfect, you know. Makes luck jealous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nuts are a good sub I guess Liz, but I do like my regular meals. I felt quite nauseous skipping breakfast when I went for an early ultrasound.

      I think you are right, especially about the perfection bit!!!

      Delete