Saturday, February 20, 2016

Saturday Recipe

Sorry if you are a non fish/seafood eater. But to me this looked pretty good.

Crispy Herbed Shrimp with Chive Aioli

Fresh herbs brighten up crispy shrimp for an indulgent yet lightened take on traditional fried shrimp.
  • Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 5 shrimp and 2 tablespoons sauce)
  • 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
  • 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper

Preparation

1. Combine 1/4 cup panko, parsley, thyme, and crushed red pepper in a mini food processor; pulse to combine. Combine herb mixture with remaining 1/2 cup panko in a shallow dish. Place cornstarch and egg whites in separate shallow dishes. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and black pepper. Dredge half of shrimp in cornstarch, shaking off excess; dip into egg whites. Dredge shrimp in panko mixture; press to adhere. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
3. Combine yogurt and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with shrimp.

Have a great weekend
 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - quite agree .. and I love fish .. especially when served with fresh veg and then the aioli ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Hilary. Fish is very expensive here in this part of Ontario, but when we first came here it was difficult to get at all.

      Delete
  2. I love fish and shrimp and most seafood for that matter. But, I tend to eat it more when I go out than prepare it at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seafood and mostly eat it at home Denise. I did enjoy my mussels at the Red Lobster the other night though.

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious! Last night when we were out I had crusted orange roughy; very tasty!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had the opportunity to try orange roughy Betty. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. I would eat shrimp if I could. I'm making shrimp scampi for Russell tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky Russell. What time are you serving JoJo?

      Delete
  5. We were looking at shrimp today, wild-caught. No added salt and no added anything. 30 bucks for a 2-lb bag. I just couldn't pull the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, $30 for a 2 lb. bag? Were they fresh or cooked Ivy? I prefer to peel and cook my own, but that is a hell of a lot for shrimp almost Canadian prices. You should be able to get cheaper in the US I think.

      Delete