Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Computer Problems, Shopping. Stuffed Peppers,

Main computer kaput. This laptop OK but mouse won't behave so this won't be long. Phoned my computer guy, completely forgot it was a holiday on Monday, duuh. He won't be here til Tuesday evening.

Going to pick up groceries with Community Support person this morning. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Hopefully I can get someone every week from now on.

I am not sorry the holiday is over, I have lots to do which can't be done when everyone is away. Yes, I know, people have to have holidays and if I were working I would change my tune. Have to book for Matt to see the aneasthetist and then arrange rides. Probably already said this.

So, for the stalkers, I may not be writing blogs as often  as I usually do unless the main computer is fixed quickly. Got a feeling it may be an expensive problem. OK Monday morning, dead Monday afternoon. He asked me to check power cables, can't be that, no-one been there, but I did anyway.

I had been planning to do stuffed peppers in the Instant Pot.  I found a recipe but altered it slightly. I was pleased to find I could get 4 peppers in the pot at once although one was a bit squished. I can't post the recipe right now because of my PC problems, but I was thrilled to bits. There is no pre-cooking anything, you just mix up the filling, stuff the raw peppers and then shove them in the IP. They came out beautifully and we have two for Tuesday night. I am so very pleased. I always hated having to cook the peppers first. This was easy peasy.

A simple little recipe.

Sautéed Asparagus and Peas

Asparagus and peas prove the old adage: what grows together, goes together. This is the perfect side
dish for spring!

2 Tbs unsalted butter
1/4 cup minced shallots
1 bunch thin asparagus spears, ends trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces on a diagonal
1 cup thawed frozen peas
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp honey

1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, 4-5 minutes.

2. Add the asparagus, ¼ teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring frequently so the shallots don't burn, for about 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add the peas and honey and cook about one minute more until the peas are warmed through. Add more salt and pepper to taste (I usually add about 1/8 teaspoon more salt and a few twists of pepper) and serve.

Author: Jennifer Segal
Source: Once Upon a Chef

Have a great day
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - hope the machinery can get sorted out. Good luck with arrangements re shopping and for the consultant visits ... take care and yes peas and asparagus go together well ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Hilary. Never tried peas and asparagus will have to do so.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the computer. How old is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old Alex, not sure when I actually bought it. Trouble is, everything is on it. My laptop is also old, older in fact. Pensions don't really allow for computer upgrades.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like your computer is on its last legs which is unfortunate. I hope all went well getting your groceries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mostly it went fine Birgit. Much easier on me.

      Delete
  4. You need to get an external hard drive and save everything on that. Then when a computer dies, you haven't lost your files.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One way of doing it Diane but I actually use an off line backup which stores all my files continuously.

      Delete