- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons safflower or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rum, preferably dark or amber
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 chicken thighs, rinsed and patted very dry
- ¾ pound pineapple pieces, diced into 1/4-inch chunks or very roughly chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a blender or food processor, combine lemon juice and salt, and blend for 5 seconds to dissolve salt. Add scallions, garlic, oil, rum, thyme, brown sugar, chili pepper and spices, and blend until mixture forms a paste.
- Rub chili paste all over chicken pieces. If you have time, let marinate for up to 45 minutes at room temperature, or up to 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put chicken in a large baking pan and scatter pineapple around it in one layer. Roast until chicken is cooked through (juices will run clear when pricked with a fork), about 25 minutes.
- Broil chicken and pineapple until chicken skin is crisp and dark brown all over and pineapple is singed in places.
- Serve chicken and pineapple coated with pan drippings, with lemon wedges.
Have a great weekend