Because they are pulling out all the tiling in our building, and because the noise is so really, really,
Supper was very light, home made tomato soup and crackers. Followed by pineapple spears and a few grapes. Pineapple was yummy.
I had to post a recipe for Hot and Sour Soup. As you can see, there are a lot of ingredients.
Hot and Sour Soup
About this recipe
"This is my family's very favorite soup! It tastes just like take-out! It's quick and easy. I have been making it for years. Have a cold? Forget that plain old chicken soup! ***IMPORTANT TIP*** I suggest making this soup a day or two ahead to let the vegetables and tofu marinate! Then just heat and serve. Enjoy!"
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 lb julienned lean pork or 1/4 lb chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 (15 ounce) cans peeled straw mushrooms
- 1/2 ounce dried black fungus ( soak in water for an hour before using)
- 1 (7 ounce) cans sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 (7 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (15 ounce) cans baby sweet corn cobs
- 1/2 lb soft tofu, sliced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- finely chopped scallion ( to garnish)
- Bring stock to a simmer, add soy sauce, pork, mushrooms& chile paste, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meat, pepper, vinegar, bamboo, baby corn, water chestnuts, fungus and tofu, simmer 10 min Mix cornstarch with 5 tbsp water and add.
- bring back to a simmer and pour the eggs in a very thin stream over the surface.
- Let stand for 10 seconds before gently stirring in the sesame oil.
- Serve with a garnish of chopped scallions.
Have a great day