Saturday, May 7, 2011

Movie, PC Repair.

Last night we watched The Insider a movie about blowing the gaff on cigarettes which starred Al Pacino, Russell Crowe and Christopher Plummer. I think we had seen it before but we both enjoyed it again. It was the story of Dr. Geoffrey Wigand and the “60 Minute” team. Dr. Wigand had been a top scientist working for a tobacco company and was well aware that the CEOs were all lying about the addiction factor on cigarettes. After much heart searching he agreed to talk to the media and because of it, lost his family to divorce, they were being threatened with death. His job he had already lost prior to talking to the news. A very brave man and one we should be more aware of.

Very short blog today, gotta go cook. Absolutely nothing in the whole menu could be prepared in advance, what bad planning on my part. Oh well.

I nearly forgot, I got my computer back last night, I was impressed with the speed. Not only did he fix my fax and get rid of the Malware but he fixed iTunes for me as well. A very simple adjustment apparently, I should have found out details, he said Apple should tell people, but unless you actually own an Apple product, they don’t care if iTunes works properly for you or not. Very short sighted as I have said before, if iTunes doesn’t work, you cannot buy or rent anything from them.

Still no asparagus.

Last night I tried out a quick recipe from my Best Ever Three and Four Ingredient Cookbook. It wasn’t bad, however, they don’t say anything about skinning the chicken (I used breasts not thighs) and I think next time I would definitely do so.

Honey Mustard Chicken

Serves 4Honey Mustard Chicken

8 chicken thighs

4 tbs wholegrain mustard (I used Dijon)

4 Tbs clear honey

salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Put the chicken thighs in a single layer in a roasting pan.

Mix the mustard and honey, season with salt and ground black pepper to taste and brush the mixture over the chicken.

Cook for 25-30 minutes brushing the chicken with the pan juices occasionally until cooked through. (To check the chicken is cooked through, skewer it with a sharp knife, the juice should run clear)

Chicken thighs have a rich flavour but if you want to cut down on fat, use four chicken breast portions instead and cook for 20-25 minutes. Serve with a chunky tomato and red onion salad.

Have a great weekend

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment