Having posted the 10 minute Risotto recipe the other day, I decided
Here is a nice simple, but tasty, way of cooking chicken. I keep home made herbes de Provence in my stores.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3 1/2–4-pound chicken
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 475°. Mix garlic, herbes de Provence, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over inside and outside of chicken. Place on a wire rack set inside a roasting pan.
- Roast chicken until skin begins to brown, 25–30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh registers 165°, 25–30 minutes longer. Let rest 10 minutes before carving. Serve with lemon wedges.
- DO AHEAD: Chicken can be made 2 days ahead. Let cool. Cover and chill; bring to room temperature before serving.