Tuesday, December 31, 2019

TV, NY Eve, Hospital,

I'm an idiot. I never knew I could "rent" movies on the pay TV channel so tonight we watched the movie, Downton Abbey which I have wanted to see for a while. I thoroughly enjoyed it, through the coughing, I have realised I need a cough mixture for Matt which will act as an expectorant. Nothing else seems to help at the moment. Anyway, I thought it was an excellent movie. and believe I can watch it some more before they remove it from me. Not sure if I will. I thought the King, in the movie, looked very like the pix I have seen of George V. We also have a freebie, at the moment, of certain channels with movies etc. but not really looked at those much yet.

Tomorrow, New Year's Eve, my cleaner is very kindly coming as obviously she won't be working on Jan 1 which would be her day normally. Means I also have to go to the store to pick up my shopping so she can help me bring it upstairs.

Our neighbours, across the hall, moved today - didn't say goodbye which I thought was odd, but... We will see who moves in. This will be the fourth set of neighbours since we have been here.

Matt decided he needed a hospital visit this morning so I called for an ambulance. They came and having taken all his vital signs decided he did need to go. So, off we went, it all happened so quickly I didn't even turn off the radio or put in my earrings. Feel undressed without them LOL. Although I had told him and both the paramedics told him, when we got to the hospital and he realised he would have to wait several hours to be seen, he agitated to go home, so we did, by taxi. An unnecessary expenditure which I was a bit teed off about. Oh well. Of course we missed bowling. I don't know if he could have bowled anyway.

Once again, no recipes, I'm sure you all have plans on what to cook over the New Year's holidays. I wish you all a very happy and prosperous New Year. Let's hope it's a good one.

Have a great year

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very, very challenging day.
    A very happy New Year to you and yours - and a healthy one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Sue.

      Thanks, and the same to you. Or in your case, better health.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo - yes life does sound challenging ... all the best for 2020 ... and as EC mentions - hoping both your health issues ease ... and generally life can get more settled. Take care and with thoughts - and enjoy your cleaner's visit - she sounds 'a gem' ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't see health issues improving Hilary, unfortunately. Age has a fair amount to do with it. Thanks for the good wishes anyway, returned. She is a gem.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Jo - I hope things settle down a bit for you and Matt as the Spring comes in. Take care of yoruself in the middle of it all - I know what you mean about the earrings by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. So do I. Mind you Spring means asparagus!!

      Funny isn't it? No earrings, not dressed.

      Delete
  4. Sorry he didn't wait to be seen. You didn't need that scare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is he gets agitated waiting Alex.

      Delete
  5. Oh no....there was a reason they wanted him to go and I bet it was his blood pressure because that was my mom and she had good blood pressure. It’s 12:09 soHappy New Year and I hope this year will be one of peace and good health. I hope Matt gets the further treatment he needs and you too so you don’t have as much stress and that you bowl more. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit. He is nittering about going back there today but it will be even more crowded no doubt. Thanks for the good wishes, returned multifold. I hope your health improves too.

      Delete