Thursday, August 29, 2019

Pianist, Shaving nick, Coupons,

If you were curious about the pianist I mentioned as being on Jeopardy, his name was Hershey Felder, thanks Denise. I couldn't find him, but she did. I spent a lot of time hunting but couldn't find the link. I was thinking Matt would enjoy a DVD with him playing but he doesn't seem to have made one. Lots of CDs but Matt likes to watch the players/singers, etc.

Had one heck of a day today. Just as our cleaner was leaving, she and Matt called me, he had somehow nicked his lip with his electric razor and there was blood all over the bathroom. We managed to stop it and I put a healing Elastoplast on his lip. A bit later it all started pouring with blood again (he wouldn't leave it alone) so I put a second Elastoplast on. Around supper time he decided to take the Elastoplast off against my advice, guess what, he started bleeding profusely once again. I finally called an ambulance and the Paramedics arrived just as Matt had managed to stop the bleeding by putting lots of pressure on the lip. I felt a bit of an idiot. However, as he had blood on his jeans, they realised it hadn't been a false alarm. Basically they said he didn't need a stitch which I had thought possible and told me several things to do in future. Nice couple. Needless to say the nick hasn't bled since. Of course Matt is on blood thinners which doesn't help.

I was pretty tired too as I hadn't managed to get to sleep til gone 2:30, not sure why. Had trouble staying awake through Jeopardy and fell asleep later. Hopefully I will be able to sleep soundly when I go to bed.

Forgot to mention yesterday, Chapman's who make the ice cream we both enjoy, sent me a $4 coupon which will buy us a block of one of them. Apparently they give away one coupon a year if you apply. It came in the mail. I'm all for coupons like that.

This looked right up my street, only trouble is I will have to invest in a few peppers to make the topping. I wonder if I can buy pickled jalapeños.

Pepper-Glazed Goat Cheese Gratin

This warm, sweet-spicy goat cheese dip is an easy alternative to a cheese plate

1 lb creamy fresh goat cheese, softened
6 Tbs apricot preserves
4 Peppadew peppers, finely chopped
1 pickled jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbs minced cocktail onions
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp dry sherry
Pita chips and toasted baguette slices, for serving

1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the goat cheese in a 5-by-8-inch gratin dish in an even layer. In a small bowl, whisk the preserves with the Peppadews, jalapeño, onions, mustard and sherry. Spread the mixture over the goat cheese and bake on the top rack of the oven for about 5 minutes, until warm. Turn on the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, until the topping is bubbling and lightly browned at the edges. Serve hot, with pita chips and toasted baguette slices.

Servings: 8

Author: GRACE PARISI
Source: Food & Wine

Have a great day

8 comments:

  1. It's always better safe than sorry, especially on blood thinners.

    I'm glad you found the pianist. Too bad he doesn't have any CDs. Maybe he has videos on YouTube? I'll have to check because I'm curious like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too Liz.

      Not me, Denise. He does have CDs but not DVDs which I would have liked.

      Delete
  2. That goat cheese looks good. Bleeding is bad for anyone on blood thinners. I always worry about my son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I want to try it Denise. I don't bleed I am just covered in bruises on my arms, Matt doesn't get the bruises but he certainly bleeds.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the info on the pianist; I'll look him up. I agree, pretty to be safe with Matt and calling the ambulance than waiting it out especially if he is on blood thinners.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really hunted for him and then Denise found him.

      Better to be safe than sorry Betty.

      Delete
  4. Oh no...It is good that you called them because he could have continued to bleed. In this case he didn't but he can pick away at it since he forgets and blood thinners make a person bleed big time. I have to go for an ultrasound and am still dizzy and so tired. I have not been visiting blogs as much because of my dizziness. . Anyhoo, glad you found out who the pianist is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Birgit, didn't think of that. Sorry to hear you are still feeling so lousy. Hope they can find out what is wrong with you.

      Delete