Friday, August 30, 2019

Our Thursday

Quiet day today, ladydog was coming over but was unable to in the end. Terrible, had to make our own lunch instead of her bringing it in. She was going to bring Zoey too so we missed seeing her as well.

I popped out to the liquor store in the afternoon, I had run out of sparkling wine (not allowed to call it Champagne as it was not made in France) I couldn't possibly have a Sunday without my fizz. On the way back I noticed our garage had gas at $1.15 which was pretty low for us lately, per litre by the way, so decided to pop in and fill up. Still cost me $40. I thought about getting a ticket for a car wash (they discount it when you buy gas at the same time) but forgot. However, looking at the car after the deluge it was in the other day, it looks beautifully clean for a change and all the dust has been washed off so maybe I will need  more gas before it needs washing.

The recipe I am posting today is from Campbell's and I thought I might make it for Friday night's supper. Out of peppers so will have to go get some up the road. Reminds me, ladydog said she had pickled peppers she would bring. I need them for the recipe I posted yesterday. As for the asparagus, I have some frozen in the freezer (where else?) and we ate some the other day, it was delicious. I won't be using Campbell's stock either, shush, don't tell Campbell's

Shrimp and Asparagus Linguine

Shrimp, asparagus & yellow peppers make for a tasty & attractive linguine pasta dish. Fresh herbs
add a boost of flavour!

8 oz linguine noodles, broken in half
2 cups asparagus cut into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces
2 Tbs olive oil
1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs chopped fresh basil leaves
1 cup CAMPBELL’S® Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
1/2 lb large, peeled and de-veined cooked shrimps
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce or to taste
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper

1. Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt, and adding asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.

2. Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Cook pepper strips and garlic for 1 minute.

3. Stir in basil. Stir in broth and heat to a boil. Add shrimp and simmer for 2 minutes or until shrimp is heated through. Remove from heat.

4. Toss with linguine, asparagus and hot pepper sauce. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper.

Servings: 4

Tips
Whole wheat linguine may be substituted for regular linguine,giving added fibre and a full wholesome flavour note.

Source: Campbell's

Have a great day
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - linguine looks good and very tasty. Sorry about Ladydog not being able to get over and so you also missed seeing Zoe - still another day ... cheers and have a good weekend - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Hilary, or Good Afternoon in your case, hopefully she can visit Saturday. Zoey as well. Hope you have a good weekend as well.

      Delete
  2. Gas here is $2.70 - a gallon. I always would make sure my tank was full if I was driving to Canada. Funny, I used to have a Campbell's cookbook and made many of their recipes. Now I can't even remember the last time I bought a can of their soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't work it out this time, but you are right, gas is a lot more expensive here. NC prices were always great.

      I always keep a couple of cans of soup in my pantry Denise, just in case. Mushroom and Celery are the stand-bys. But these days they do a lot of other stuff. They do packets of stock and also Pho which I have used in the past.

      Delete