Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Book, Exercises, Mandarin,

A pretty quiet day, of course I was tired reading that book late last night. Finished it this afternoon. I really loved it. It finished really quietly, but I could hear the music all through the story. I loved it. I must check for other books by the same author.

Monday of course means exercise class. Can't go Wednesday as we plan to bowl. This morning on GMA they did some Tae Bo boxing exercises very much like we do in class. Bit faster mind you but they were younger people. Long ago are the days when I could move that fast.

Friends emailed me about going to Mandarin with the result we are going there for lunch tomorrow, Tuesday that is. My dieting doesn't get much chance really.

This recipe for radishes sounds good although I rarely see radishes with greens that are remotely edible. I tried them once and wasn't to keen, but will see how this recipe does if I can find some with fresh greens.

Roasted Radishes with Radish Greens

Gerard Craft came up with this clever recipe one year when his local farmer had an abundance of radishes. Craft tried roasting them. The result: warm, crisp-tender radishes with delightfully bitter
greens, which he finishes with butter and lemon.

3 bunches small radishes with greens attached
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 Tbs unsalted butter
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice

1. Preheat the oven to 500°. Trim the radishes and wash the greens; pat dry.

2. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the radishes, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the radishes for 15 minutes, until crisp-tender.

3. Return the skillet to the burner and stir in the butter to coat the radishes. Add the radish greens and cook over moderate heat until they are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season with salt. Serve the radishes right away.

Servings: 8

Source: Food and Wine

Have a great day

4 comments:

  1. As a kid, I loved fresh radishes with salt. I haven't eaten them in years. Honestly, I'd kind of forgotten about them. I'll have to see if there are any in my grocery store.

    You'll get faster at the exercise, then the diet won't be such an issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do Liz, I munch on them all summer. Not much good in the winter.

      I hope so.

      Delete
  2. I don't like radishes so that is out for me. Glad you enjoyed your book

    ReplyDelete