I finally had a piece of my carrot cake I wrote about the other day. It was good. Matt had a small
The flank steak is a beef steak cut from the abdominal muscles or buttocks of the cow. The cut is common in Colombia, where it is known as sobrebarriga, literally meaning "over the belly".The flank also is a much thinner piece of meat. It too has to marinate all day and then to be sliced diagonally across the grain.
underwater super volcano. If and when this thing decides to explode it is likely to wipe out most of Europe but, not only that, spew out so much ash into the atmosphere that it will spread across the world and it will
A friend sent me a link to Yellowstone super volcano. I kind of wish she hadn't.
Came across this recipe over the weekend.
Shaved Asparagus Quinoa with Soft Boiled Eggs
SERVES: 6 PEOPLE
1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
1 lb (454 g) asparagus, tough ends trimmed
2 tsp (10 mL) honey
2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
1/4 cup (60 mL) minced shallots
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh tarragon
1 tbsp (15 mL) dijon mustard
1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
1/2 tsp (3 mL) each salt and fresh cracked pepper
1 cup (250 mL) flat leaf parsley leaves
1. Place quinoa and Campbell's broth in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
2. Bring a pot of water to a simmer (small bubbles, not a rapid boil). Add eggs and cook for 6 minutes. Adjust heat to keep a consistent temperature going. Remove eggs from water and run under cold water until cool. Peel and set aside.
3. Use a sharp vegetable peeler to peel the asparagus lengthwise into thin strips, starting at the bottom end. Put into a large pot of boiling salted water for 30 seconds and then remove from pot and directly into a colander. Run under cold water until cold.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together honey, lemon juice, shallots, tarragon, dijon mustard and slowly incorporate olive oil until well blended. Add salt and pepper. Toss with quinoa, asparagus and parsley. Arrange on platter and top with halved eggs before serving.
1. Make ahead: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
2. For something different, replace the soft boiled eggs with an equal amount of hard boiled eggs, grated.
Have a great day