I don’t seem to have had too many recipes which really appealed to me sent to me lately. There was a very good mussel recipe but not everyone likes fish or can eat it. I ended opting for this chicken recipe which sounded pretty good. Came from My Recipes.
Skillet Chicken Souvlaki
Prepare a family-friendly Mediterranean-style dish that's sure to please even the pickiest eater. The quick-cooking chicken and simple homemade yogurt sauce make this a perfect dish for a busy weeknight. Serve with a simple side salad.
4 servings (serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture, 1/4 cup sauce, 1 pita, and about 1/4 cup tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper (about 1)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated English cucumber
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek-style yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat soft pitas, cut in half
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add chicken, garlic, and oregano; cook 30 seconds.
- 3. Combine cucumber and next 6 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt). Serve chicken mixture with yogurt sauce, warmed pita, and tomato slices.
- Salad: Combine 5 cups torn romaine lettuce, 1/3 cup sliced red onion, and 3 sliced pepperoncini peppers. Combine 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss with salad. Top with 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese and 3 tablespoons halved kalamata olives.
Have a great weekend
Sounds good! Hope you are having a good weekend!ReplyDelete
Going to a friend's for supper tonite. That's always good.Delete
I agree. I am the best guest because I always appreciate how much work it is to have people over, the shopping, cleaning and cooking. I relax when I am a guest, not when I am a hostess.ReplyDelete
You're so right. It is a lot of work. Always enjoy it though.Delete
Looks delicious Jo. I love yogurt as a side.ReplyDelete
Me too. Have you checked out the Indian raitas. All made with yoghurt.Delete
Excellent thoughts. Yes, everyone not likes fish but most of the people like the chicken. Similar to this chocolate is the popular to many people. And if this is a Superfood Chocolate then nobody dislike it because of its nutritional quality.ReplyDelete