Saturday, August 19, 2017

Saturday Recipe


I have been hunting around on Pinterest to find a copy of the Red Lobster Chocolate Wave Cake. I fan find lots of pictures but between Denise Hammond and myself, the only actual recipe we found was the one that follows. This recipe makes individual cakes and not one complete cake as made by The Red Lobster. Not only that theirs has layers of a ganache or something similar and is absolutely delicious.  Finally there is no white chocolate used. The picture above is the one of the original cake. However, this does look like a good chocolate cake recipe so thought I would post it anyway. I have seriously thought about buying a whole cake $40 and cutting it in slices then freezing it. I do so love this cake and as I am a confirmed chocoholic I am tempted to do just that. I brought a slice home with me last Tuesday and have been eating small amounts of it all week. Their servings are huge.

Chocolate Wave Cake

3/4 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp cornstarch
4 eggs
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp Grand Marnier

White-Chocolate Truffle
6 oz white chocolate
3 Tbs heavy cream
3 Tbs softened butter
2 Tbs Grand Marnier

1. Melt butter in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Add chocolate chips, heating until mixture is melted.

2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl. Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture and beat well.

3. In a separate bowl, combine four eggs, four yolks, and Grand Marnier. Add this to the chocolate mixture and beat until well mixed. Cover and chill overnight.

4. For Truffle: Melt the white chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler over low heat. Add butter and Grand Marnier and stir until smooth. Chill overnight.

5. Butter and flour individual 5-ounce ramekins. Fill 1/3 of each with the chilled chocolate mixture. Add a rounded tablespoon of the truffle mixture. Fill to the top with the chocolate mixture.

6. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Let the cakes sit for 15-20 minutes before inverting. Run a knife around the edges to loosen.

7. Serve with chocolate sauce, raspberries, and/or ice cream if desired.

Servings: 6

Source: CDKitchen.com

Have a great weekend

6 comments:

  1. Well, I could always go to RL and try a piece and then see what I can come up with. Not sure what the purpose of the ganache center is in this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supposed to emulate the one at RL I presume Denise. That one is a 5 layer cake. You should try it, one of the best cakes around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious! I'm a chocaholic too (though less these days for some reason). I'd savor it like you savor it, a bit at a time!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wave Cake at Red lobster is delicious Betty. I wasn't really savouring it so much as not wanting to consume all those calories in one hit. I finished it for supper last night.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An ebook to assist you in your baked recipes to open a bakery of your own. Learn from a 50+ year veteran of the bakery trade who has worked in just about every position within the bakery.

    ReplyDelete