Saturday, July 27, 2019

Tomatoes, Garage, Grocery Store, LCBO,

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had tried the Oven Roasted Tomatoes Stuffed with Goat Cheese last night. I used about 6 oz. cheese for 2 tomatoes and, because I was in a rush, made a couple of mistakes. I cooked them in the Air Fryer and they turned out well, except I couldn't lift them out of the fryer so tipped them out. Didn't look pretty but they tasted very good.

Slow morning today, but then after lunch we went to the garage. Bob laughed at the card I had made for them. I sat on one of their comfy couches and went to sleep again. Had a lousy night last night, I could not get cool. Our A/C is in the living room and it doesn't always manage to get to the bedroom. I finally got to sleep around 2:30 and then awoke around 6. Infuriating.

Eventually, the car was ready and Bob said he had "done some magic", he sure had, he quoted $240 yesterday, he charged me $186 today. Great. Headed off to the store because I had forgotten to order Matt some luncheon meat. Think I have mentioned what a mess the place is because they are installing a Starbucks which I believe is a waste of time. Things are not where they should be and the shelves are not as full as they were. Enough to put you off shopping there all together. Thank goodness for PC Express which enables me to let someone else do my shopping.

Then went to the LCBO or liquor store and after that home. Not a sound from the car so this time what was wrong is definitely fixed.

When we got home I fixed salmon in foil for supper which we ate later on with a pea relish. I have posted both recipes previously.

Here is a simple recipe from Kevin Lynch of Closet Kitchen. Now I am off to bed.

Dakkochi (Korean Skewered Chicken)

Servings4
ingredients
  • 1 pound chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
  • 3 cloves garlic (grated)
  • 1 inch ginger (grated)
  • 1/2 small onion (grated)
  • 1/2 Asian pear (grated)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 green onions (chopped)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
directions
  1. Mix everything in a freezer bag and marinate for at least an hour.
  2. Skewer the chicken on wet skewers and set aside.
  3. Strain the solids from the marinade and simmer the marinade until it thickens and becomes saucy, about 5-10 minutes.
  4. Grill the chicken until cooked, about 5 minutes per side basting it with the marinade as you go.

Have a great day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment