My friend was also baby sitting her sister’s dog Puma. A lovely animal with the patience of a saint and a wonderful temperament. She adored being petted.
Something I learned on Friday which surprised me, the town of Elora, where my friend lives, only permits 2 dogs per household unless you have a kennel license. Never heard of that before.
Not sure how healthy this is but it was on Pinterest and sounded great.
Hot Caramelized Onion Dip with Bacon and Gruyere
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere Cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ teaspoon freshly, ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to cool. Crumble.
- Add onions, sugar, and salt to bacon fat in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until onions turn a deep golden brown color. This can take as long as 20 minutes. If onions start to burn, turn heat down to medium-low.
- Add sherry and cook 1 minute. Stir in thyme and Tabasco. Remove from heat.
- Mix together sour cream and mayo in a medium bowl. Add crumbled bacon, cheese, onion mixture, and black pepper. Mix together well and transfer to a 2-cup baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
Yield: 2 cups
Have a great day