Today we are going to a friend’s for lunch. She is the one who owns the puppy Zoey so I will try and take pix but you know I am not the world’s best cameraman. I don’t know whether to rely on my tablet or take my camera.
Still not feeling up to much so I will quit for now.
This one sounds good. I like cold soups in the summer and I love cucumber. I have no idea what a Persian cucumber is though. Well I found it. I particularly like the idea of adding shrimp to it.
Tangy Cucumber Soup
To turn this tangy and refreshing yogurt-based soup into a terrific light meal, simply add poached shrimp.
- 2 pounds Persian or English cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- Kosher salt
- In a blender, puree the cucumbers, yogurt, lemon juice and garlic. With the machine on, gradually add the 1/2 cup of oil until incorporated. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the chopped dill and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and dill sprigs.
Have a great day