Talking of pain, I mentioned we had our flu shots yesterday. They are given to you in the top muscle
|Deltoids in red.|
I have never before heard of cooking radishes. I was fascinated by this recipe so obviously have to share it.
- 1 (2.8-ounce) jar oil-packed anchovies, drained
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, grated
- 2 bunches radishes with fresh greens (1 1/2 pounds), preferably French breakfast radishes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice, more to taste
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, combine anchovies and 1/3 cup olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until anchovies have melted into the oil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in garlic.
- Clean the radishes thoroughly under running water, leaving any nice greens attached if possible; drain and dry very well. Leave smaller radishes whole and halve any large ones lengthwise.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a very large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add the radishes in a single layer. Cook, without moving, until undersides are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip radishes and transfer skillet to oven. Cook until radishes are tender enough to be easily pierced with a knife, 10 to 20 minutes, depending on size of radishes.
- Return skillet to stove top over medium-high heat. Toss with anchovy oil, butter, parsley and lemon juice. Serve warm.
Have a great day