Friday, March 27, 2015

Telemarketing, Cockpit Rules.

I have just heard, on the radio, that some of the telemarketing Telemarketingcompanies were circumventing the Canada wide “do not call” prohibition and have now been fined a whole heap of money. There are more companies which are on notice apparently. I know I got a call one time saying my computer was about to go kaput or something. It was 3 in the morning I think, certainly in the middle of the night, and they told me I should get up and turn my computer on. I told them what they could do. Also, the ubiquitous duct cleaning which I think everyone gets now and then. I wish they would just remember we live in an apartment. In fact, if you live in a house, duct cleaning isn’t a bad idea, it gets rid of a lot of dust and debris which you are basically breathing in. But if you contemplate it, use a reliable company.

Following that terrible crash of the German plane which was Black Boxapparently flown into the mountains on purpose and according to the black box, was done by the co pilot, the pilot having been locked out of the cockpit, Canadian airlines have been told to have two people in the cockpit at all times. A wise precaution. What a terrible experience for the pilot to know they were going to crash and not to be able to do a thing about it. Poor man. I haven’t yet heard any explanation, if there is one of course. The picture is the black box (why black when it’s red or orange?).

We have just had supper – Thursday night – and it occurred to me you might like to try this recipe. I dislike canned tuna, but Matt invented this way of serving it and I love it. To translate, if you French isn’t too good, I called it Tuna Matt’s Way.


Tuna Matt's Façon

1 6 oz can TunaTuna Matt's Facon
3 Tbs capers
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1/2 bell pepper finely chopped
1/4 lge onion, finely chopped
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs mayonnaise
salt and pepper
shredded lettuce

1. Pita Bread
2. Mix well. Cut two Pita breads in half, open each half to make a pocket, line with shredded lettuce and fill with mixture.
3. Serve with tossed salad greens

Servings: 2

Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - not much can be said about the crash .. just so very sad for everyone - awful way to die ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when you know it's going to happen.

      Delete
  2. That crash is so tragic. First they wanted locked cockpit doors after 9/11 and now they see what a mistake that can be too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your lot is saying they have a rule about 2 people in the cockpit. Our lot have just introduced it.

      Delete
  3. The situation with that German plane was terrible. The co-pilot was only twenty-four I think. Was he a terrorist or did he just decide to end it all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From all the reports he suffered from severe depression a while back. I can't see why that would cause you to kill 149 people. Dreadful just the same. ISIS couldn't have asked for anything better.

      Delete
  4. My heart goes out to the families of everyone involved in that crash. It would have been terrifying. Tell Matt that is an excellent and easy recipe. I like canned tuna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Pinky, terrible. I told him. I enjoy it but canned tuna is horrid on its own, IMHOP. We tried it with canned salmon, not nearly as good.

      Delete
  5. Prayers have definitely been going out for everyone affected by the recent plane crash. Most telemarketers call my cell phone. I let it ring, look up the call on google and then permanently block the number if it's TMR. Your recipe sounds wonderful. I enjoyed reading the one above this post, but knew I'd be better sticking with the tuna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a "do not call" list here in Canada, but some companies have been circumventing it.

      I love this recipe

      Delete