Thursday, March 26, 2015

Car, A to Z, Exercise Class

Smart CarThat’s sad, we have lost our little car already. Hardly been anywhere in it. Joking about the rear windshield wiper, Alex J. Cavenaugh suggested it might rain today, he was right, it did but only in the morning.  When Matt took the car back, it wasn’t still raining unfortunately so… Actually in some ways I rather liked it, the Smart Car, it was a cute little car. Don’t want one though thank you.

I am delighted to report I have now finished all my posts for the A to Z. I guess if I schedule them I can sit back and relax for the whole month. It will give me more time to visit other people’s blogs.

Went to my exercise class on Wednesday afternoon. I suddenly realised that it has been doing me good. I was chasing around the Elderly exercisestore yesterday without my cane, in fact I don’t use my cane very much any more. I mostly take it with me as a ‘just in case’. I discovered there is another woman in the exercise class who is 90 (we have one at 93 whom they call The Queen) and there is an 88 yr old. Not sure about some of the others. I could well be one of the youngest there. Mind you lots of us seem to disappear periodically for health reasons. We all wear name badges, we should wear an age badge too.

I thought this dessert looked delicious. I found it at MyRecipes.

Gingery Banana Pudding with Bourbon Cream

From Cooking Light
8 servings gingery-banana-pudding-ck-x
 
1/2 cup sugar
5 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
2 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 ripe bananas, divided
12 gingersnaps, crumbled and divided
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger

Preparation

1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in 3 cups milk. Heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil).
2. Combine remaining 1 cup milk and yolks; stir with a whisk. Gradually add 1 cup hot milk mixture to yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Add egg yolk mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl for 20 minutes or until mixture cools, stirring occasionally. Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled. Mash 2 bananas; cut remaining 2 bananas into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stir mashed and sliced bananas and half of gingersnaps into pudding; chill 30 minutes.
3. Combine cream and 1 teaspoon sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form; stir in bourbon, if desired.
4. Spoon 2/3 cup pudding into each of 8 dessert glasses; divide remaining gingersnaps among servings. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream, 1 1/2 teaspoons pecans, and 3/4 teaspoon ginger.

Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

10 comments:

  1. Well, you almost got some usage out of that rear wiper.
    And see? You're a young pup after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost, LOL
      I certainly am quite a bit younger than most of them. Wuff wuff.

      Delete
  2. After a couple of months of not being able to walk regularly I went to the beach yesterday for a 2 hour beachcombing trip. Boy was I in pain last night! Can't wait to get back to it regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did too much for the first time JoJo. Should take it easier.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on having your A to Z posts done! I'm not participating this year, but I always enjoy bouncing around and reading the posts. Oh, and the banana pudding looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am relieved I must say. Was a time I thought of dropping out.

      It does look good I agree.

      Delete
  4. 93 and still going to exercise class. That is admirable. I hope I'm still alive and going to exercise class at that age. My aunt is 86 and still goes to yoga and drives and paints so I guess she's a young un even though I thought she was amazing for her age too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years ago we used to bowl with someone who was 97. She's gone now, but her 93 yr. old sister was still bowling until recently. 86 is definitely young these days. I must admit the 93 yr. old in class is fitter than some of the younger members.

      Delete
  5. Age badges. LOL. I'd go for that. Just don't make me wear a weight badge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't do anything about your age, but you can do something about your weight Liz.

      Delete