Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Mandarin, Cooking, Hospital,

Ii either post too early or forget to post at all!!!!

Our trip to Mandarin was relatively successful, I say relatively because there was one kid running up and down the restaurant and another sitting in a high chair, banging her feet and periodically emitting and ear piercing shriek. Really made our day. However, the food was good, as usual. I primarily went Japanese this time with the odd Chinese thing thrown in. They did still have some Moon Cake so I had a little of that and some super ice cream that I cannot remember the name of. I had some last time but still don't know the name. It is lavender in colour mixed with some white.

We then collected the weekly shopping - new girl working there. Seems very capable. The click and collect manager is on holiday. When we came home and had finally put the shopping away, I decided to make the bean dish I posted the other day. Having done so, I realised we didn't need a heavy supper after our lunch so we had Cambazola Cheese and one of my heavy buns LOL. Will save the beans for tomorrow when I come back from the hospital.

In case you don't remember, I am going for a CT Angiogram Wednesday afternoon. Not 100% sure what that is although I know they give you a dye. Not sure why I never thought of Googling before. This is what I got "CT angiography uses a CT scanner to produce detailed images of both blood vessels and tissues in various parts of the body. An iodine-rich contrast material (dye) is usually injected through a small catheter placed in a vein of the arm." I have had something similar before and I believe the dye upset me a bit. I just found out what CT stands for, Computed Tomography. 

I just bought a roast and came across this recipe which I thought I might try.

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast, any kind
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry*
1/2 cup water
1 cup red wine
potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion

1. Place beef roast in crock pot.

2. Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.

3. Pour the water around the roast.

4. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.

* Use onion soup mix instead of ranch.

6. Add one cup of red wine.

5. Add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion 2-3 hours before end.


Servings: 8

Source: Genius Kitchen

Have a great day
 

26 comments:

  1. I hate that rush of heat you feel when they inject the dye. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember that Denise, long time since I had it. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Me too, it’s unnerving...

      Delete
  2. I hope everything went well for you at the hospital. The pot roast looks lovely.
    That's Purrfect
    Around My Kitchen Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not been yet - going about 8:15 p.m. your time Patricia. Thanks anyway.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your CT scan today! Hope all goes well. We love doing roasts in the crock, although Russell likes to put the veggies on the bottom and the roast on top. He says that it makes the meat too tough when it sits in the liquid for a long time cooking. We've had great success doing it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo -glad the Mandarin had good food for you ... and today I hope all goes well ... take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the scan goes well and doesn't cause any ill feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, hope all went well at the hospital and that they find nothing of concern. I love slow cooked pot roast, but my slow cooker is in storage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a friend of Jo's and I don't know how else to let her blogger friends know that she is in hospital with some heart issues. We don't know much right now. She is having tests this afternoon (Saturday) but as it's the weekend we probably won't get results until Monday. We will try to set her up with internet by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting this. I figured something was wrong and sent Jo an email today. Please keep us posted.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the update Ladydog.... I was dropping in to check on how the test went.

    Send her big hugs from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo is still in hospital in the ICU and will likely be there for awhile. At this time she isn't well enough to use her tablet. I'm uncomfortable posting too much more here. If you would like updates email me at ladydogj@gmail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update, ladydog. Please let her know we're thinking of her. Sending big hugs.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lady Dog ... I've just sent you a 2nd email ... I just hope Jo is ok and Matt is being looked after ... when you have time to let us know - that would be really kind: thank you = Hilary

      Delete
  10. Jo, where are you? Are you all right? I think this is the longest you've gone without posting in forever? Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo has been in hospital. if you look back to ladydog's comments you'll be able to see what is happening.

      Delete
  11. well, as you are aware, I have been lolling around in a hospital bed for 3 weeks. I am home now, feeling like a wrung out mop and unlikely to be writing much for a while unless the food they were giving me gives me the hebejeebees. Thanks so much all of you for your messages and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you! Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  12. I'm so glad to hear you're home again. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not a whole heap better i'm afraid, longish road ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jo - good to see you posted/commented and you're home ... take care, go slow and heal thoroughly ... with love H xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Jo! I didn't know you were lolling around the hospital bed for three weeks. Oh my goodness. Glad you are home now. Hugs, Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jo, I just popped in to see if anything was wrong and have caught up with all Lady Dog's messages - get well soon - I've missed your posts, but happy to see you're out of hospital. Sending best wishes. Fil x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have become happy to have a look at this newsletter after searching at google, after reading I have written a chunk of the article about how many servings of fruit is an apple : Thank you for the thing and supporting me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I became satisfied to examine this article after looking at google, after reading I have written a piece of article about: golden delicious apple nutrition Thank you for the article and supporting me.

    ReplyDelete